HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want a new pistol for concealment purposes, and I’m really interested in the P30. I know the USPc is smaller, however I already own an USPf 45, and I would like some variety I think. Anyways, this small town in Arizona in which I live has two gun stores. One will not carry H&K, and the other one would sell a P30 for 950.00, not including tax, should he find one. 950 seemed steep. Really steep. I purchased my USP for 860. Being a newbie, do you pay more if a pistol is smaller? Is it like technology? A USPc 40 from that store would cost 890.

Is he over pricing things? Also, does anyone carry and P30 for concealment? If so, how is that working out for you?

·
Registered
498 Posts
that's way to much for the P30. I've seen them for $860 and you may be able to do better.

·
Registered
472 Posts
That's a little high:

A local shop in my area sells the P30 for $835.00 + tax. Try CDNN, their prices are always more than competitive.

It doesn't hurt to shop around;

ARKAY

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Those prices are insane. Call Marshall at CDNN. He has the P30 for $729 and NIB USPc is $659.25. Shipping is only $13 and you won't have to pay sales tax just the transfer fee.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Thats sounds pretty sweet. I'm sold. Thanks.
As much as I would like to purchase from my local shop I can't justify the extremely high prices that they ask. I wouldn't mind a few $ but a $150+ markup on some HK's is WAY to much. CDNN is the BEST!!!

Let us know how you make out :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guy who will sell a P30 for 950 will charge 25 bucks. The guy who wont sell H&K, 50 dollar fee.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As always, the best way to know the price is by actually calling the HK USA or visit the website.

I have visited the official HK website, and yes, P30 is more expensive than the USPf.

I think it's because the P30 has many design changes compared to the old USPs, and since it's new and sold in low quantity, it could be expensive.

And most of all, the P30 is not entirely same to the old USPs. The P30 is designed to aim more accurate the the USPs, and the grip is changed for more comfortable holding and controlling the recoil while firing.

In other words, P30 is designed for a new concept and a new market. The P30 is smaller than the USPf, because it was designed considering the carryability ( spelling right?).

Keep in mind, despite the size, the P30 mag takes impressive 15 shots in 9mm.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I will almost always run price comps on Gun Broker to be sure what I am paying is fair, 8 or 9 of my last 10 guns were bought from out of state. The local mom and pops gun store will usually sell at full retail, they have a captive audience and if you don't know it, they make out. Don't get me wrong, HKs do command a high price tag, some of the highest on the market, but do your homework and you can keep it as low as possible.

Buy it off the internet and find a dealer who will handle the paperwork, this will usually still cost you less and is my advice. A small charge (< $50 on the high end) is in order, most I deal with do it straight for the CA state reg fees with no upcharge because they need my business (read: frequency) to keep up their license. If they start quoting you 10% or 20% of the cost of the weapon as their fee or want to charge you sales tax on an out of state buy, you're about to get hosed. They want to sell it to you straight, and not handle the net sale.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I appreciate everyone responding. I had (maybe I still do) reserves about ordering online. That CDNN seems like a real deal. I convinced the wife about it, so looks like I’m good to go. She wont let me order it until my b-day in Feb, so it wont be for a while. However this verbal contract is binding and I’ll be having a P30 in Feb!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts