HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a HK marked Benelli M3 with ghost ring sights today. It is a pre-ban of course and had the extened tube with a straight stock. Almost new condition with manual and no extras. What are these auto/pump shotguns bringing these days?

I can't tell you the price he was asking yet, but it was Not a penny over 1K. So there i told you I could not tell you the price he was asking! Being an HK import, with GR sights and just a straight stock, what would be a "deal" in your eyes? Again the gun is in pristine shape.

thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
When you say pre-ban, I presume you checked the serial number?

Also, with the straight stock, even if made before the ban, you can't put a pistol grip stock on it now unless it had a pistol grip stock on it sometime before the ban (with the full length mag tube, not that the gov. could easily prove it wasn't on the gun before the ban).

As far as value, if it's really a pre-ban, then $1k is a very fair deal. If post-ban, then not as much of a very fair deal. I think these HK Benellis are often under valued, but that's just me.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Suds,

Thanks for the info. I did not think to check the serial number, I thought all the HK marked Benelli's were pre-ban. Is there a regestry of numbers for the Benelli somewhere that I could check? I could really get this for $900.00, that is why I am tring to make sure it is a true preban.

If it is not a pre-ban, is legal to keep the extended tube on with just the straight stock?

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
Take a look here:

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8822&highlight=benelli+pre-ban+serial+number

Suds,

Thanks for the info. I did not think to check the serial number, I thought all the HK marked Benelli's were pre-ban. Is there a regestry of numbers for the Benelli somewhere that I could check? I could really get this for $900.00, that is why I am tring to make sure it is a true preban.
http://al+number
If it is not a pre-ban, is legal to keep the extended tube on with just the straight stock?

Thanks,

Rick

Yes. One OR the other, but not both if post-ban.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Post ban m3

I have a M3, newer production, with straight stock without extended tube. Can I put a pistol grip on it? Can I extend the tube? The way you put it, I can do one or the other, but not both? Thanks for info in advance.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Funny....I have a pistol grip stock and the extended tube on my M1. Noone has come knocking down my door yet.

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
Funny....I have a pistol grip stock and the extended tube on my M1. Noone has come knocking down my door yet.

If it's pre-ban, you are OK. Even if it's post-ban, odds are not real high that someone would get in trouble. Most likely, "they" would only go after someone for a post-ban violation, if they were wrapped up in some other activity that was under investigation. In Maryland, they busted some guy they didn't like because he had powder that wasn't stored in its original container. They didn't go after him for the container issue, he got their attention for other issues. Apparently, there is some law (state, federal?) against storing powder (gun powder, black powder?) in some container, other than the original.

It's like adding a bipod to an SR9, not likely to get in trouble, but it is a violation regardless.

Litlrat,

That's correct, one or the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts