HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to what the going rate for one absolutely NIB. Had it in my safe for about two years now, got it from a shop in FL that was clearancing them out. I have a USPc and I just don't shoot the fullsize guns anymore.

I'm not aching to part with it, but if I can sell it and use it fund one or two other projects, why not?

Just to be clear, this isn't a selling post (I know they're rare and I'm afraid I'm about to get PM spammed 100x over), I'm just curious as to the most I could reasonably ask for it, since, like I said, I don't have to part with it and I'd be funding other projects with it if I sold it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
What I would give for it would be about $900 min - $1200 max, but thats just me. YMMV

·
Registered
518 Posts
I just picked up a 45 off gb for 700 shipped that appears to be nib, we will see this week.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
I bought a NIB USP SS 9mm a few months ago for less than 725.00. Can't remember the exact number want to say it was 716.00.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I got a hardly used maybe 50 rounds shot uspc 9mm with a suede lined kydex holster for 600 ftf

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would pay $850-$900 for it. In my area there is only one gun store that regularly stocks hk's and although they have good prices on usp's ($750 -800 new) I don't see many SS models there (maybe the just get sold faster than all blk) so I would be willing to pay an extra $100 for a NIB model.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you aren't an FFL, just receiving the firearm from either HK or a distributor then it is used. Not saying that it is worth any less, but it isn't new - period.
Thats new to me, so the thousands of private sales that take place on gunbroker and message boards like HKpro should never read new/nib , hmm.... Does the gun going into the hands of a individual not being new have something to do with handling the gun even though it might not ever be fired? Then whats not to say employees/potential buyers at the FFL will fingerbang the the hell out of that so called NEW gun?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Thats new to me, so the thousands of private sales that take place on gunbroker and message boards like HKpro should never read new/nib , hmm.... Does the gun going into the hands of a individual not being new have something to do with handling the gun even though it might not ever be fired? Then whats not to say employees/potential buyers at the FFL will fingerbang the the hell out of that so called NEW gun?
Yes, technically those private sales are wrong, but I don't think anyone really makes a stink over it. Healthy photos/description usually suffices and makes all parties happy. I was always told that once you buy a gun from a dealer and it's off their books and in your posession, it's now used. Even if they take it right back from you, they aren't supposed to sell it again as new. Even if you haven't fired it, racked slide, whatever, it is what it is. Again this is what dealers and other FFL folks have told me. Everyone else may think otherwise. I agree with gtmtnbiker98 that it doesn't mean it's worth less or anything, I think it's just an underlying rule of thumb. An integrity thing. To me, the bottom line is that if both seller and buyer are happy with the end result, it's a great deal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes, technically those private sales are wrong, but I don't think anyone really makes a stink over it. Healthy photos/description usually suffices and makes all parties happy. I was always told that once you buy a gun from a dealer and it's off their books and in your posession, it's now used. Even if they take it right back from you, they aren't supposed to sell it again as new. Even if you haven't fired it, racked slide, whatever, it is what it is. Again this is what dealers and other FFL folks have told me. Everyone else may think otherwise. I agree with gtmtnbiker98 that it doesn't mean it's worth less or anything, I think it's just an underlying rule of thumb. An integrity thing. To me, the bottom line is that if both seller and buyer are happy with the end result, it's a great deal.
I've done numerous private sales and purchases along with many FFL purchases and surprisingly never heard this before, guess you learn something new every day. Like you said though this is from an FFL/Dealer view but then again I see numerous FFL dealers take guns in on trade as unfired/NIB and then re-sell them as Unfired NIB which would go against this whole integrity idea. But either way you look at it as you stated, if both parties are happy that's all that matters.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts