HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the going rate these days for Nickel M10's & M13's? They appear to be NIB to maybe 2 mags fired through them. Not sure of the date codes at this moment.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There was a NIB nickel M10 that sold on GunBroker this month for $3475. Typically, excellent condition used ones would sell in the $2500-$2750 range. Collector value depends on the condition and if original box, papers, and accessories are present.

M13 nickels rarely come to market so they are harder to gauge. One NIB reportedly sold on GunBroker for $4300 (ouch). I would say they would sell north of $3000 for sure, as would the nickel M8.

Be wary when buying a "nickel" P7, many claim nickel, but it is just a chrome job. All nickel P7s I have heard of have a KC date code and have blued grip screws and take down button. The nickel finish has a bit of a golden hue to it. If it looks bright silver, it's not factory nickel.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P7M13, Thank you for the helpful info. The extra info on how to tell if it was a factory nickel job was cool. So with your info my wife and I now own a nickel P7M10 & P7M13! Both are KC date coded, have the golden hue and all the screws and take down buttons are black. Thanks again!

·
Registered
54 Posts
CONGRATS! Enjoy them. The factory nickel finish is not as durable as hard chrome, or the blued for that matter. Excessive holstering can cause the finish to flake off in spots - so treat them accordingly. Also, the factory mags are not finished in the same nickel material as the gun, they look to be of a chrome type - HK probably knew that the nickel wouldn't hold up after repeated insertions.

I notice you are in CA. My understanding is that since CA has some approved list for guns and the P7s you purchased are not on the list, they can not be imported into the State. The prices for HKs not on the approved list can be higher because of the limited supply. I hope you did well on your purchases and did not have to pay exhorbinant CA prices.

When you get a chance, how about some photos? Can never have enough pics of P7s. You may also want to stop by "The Cult" for P7s over at http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php

1 - 4 of 4 Posts