HKPRO Forums banner

Price check USP .40 cal (compact)

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  M14Jackson 
G
#1 ·
Everyone I need some advice. The dealer in my area has a .40 cal USP compact for sale. Asking price is $550. The gun looks to be in good condition, comes with 2 10-round magazines and a HK case. No manual or accessories. The Date code on the left side is AC which if I'm correct indicates a production date of 2002. Is that too old to purchase? Should I be getting more of a discount due to the guns age? Let me know, any advice would be greatly appreciated. BTW I already put down 100 bucks to hold the gun until I get you guy's advice! Thanks.

G
#4 ·
Was just anxious is all cripplepidgeon! Thanks for the reply. Hey also are there any differences in the types of barrels used in the USP after certain manufacture dates? I seem to remember reading about polygnal barrels or something like that? I have been seeing in this forum .40cal compact USP's for around $600 which is only $50 less than the asking price at this dealer and those come with 12 round magazines. So 2002 is not considered an "old" gun. And how much of a depreciation is there on a 5 going on 6year old HK compact? The brand new list price is $729 right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.