HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone I need some advice. The dealer in my area has a .40 cal USP compact for sale. Asking price is $550. The gun looks to be in good condition, comes with 2 10-round magazines and a HK case. No manual or accessories. The Date code on the left side is AC which if I'm correct indicates a production date of 2002. Is that too old to purchase? Should I be getting more of a discount due to the guns age? Let me know, any advice would be greatly appreciated. BTW I already put down 100 bucks to hold the gun until I get you guy's advice! Thanks.:13: :13: :13:

·
Registered
349 Posts
From what I've read, HK USPc's are never too old and doesn't even matter how many rounds are thru it. $550 is, IMO, a great price from what I have seen at shops in AZ and online at impactguns.com and hkperfection.com are usually around $700-$750 NIB which usually coems with 2 10rd Mags anyway. As for the manual, you can order one from hk-usa.com or downlaod it there as well. I thnk you are getting a good deal, considering it's only missing the manual.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I just sold my USPc 40 for $600. It was about a year old with 2 12 round mags. $550 is a good price. You'll be very happy with the USPc!

·
Registered
67 Posts
If the gun looks good, then that is a good price. Remember, you can always haggle the price down!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Provided the pistol looks in good working order then $550 is a great deal. My NIB USPc .40 cost me $800, it came with 3 mags though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
USP C .40 resell

I had a, kid you not, a dealer in Washington PA tell me that the .40 C was not a popular gun and did not sell well. I was looking to trade it for a .45 C. He quoted me some ridiculously low price for trade. I asked him if he knew about DHS and BP purchase of these fine weapons and he began to backpedal but didn't feel like changing his tune. A used .40 C that is taken care of with hi caps should sell for between 525-570 depending on circumstances. New between $699-739 or whatever CDNN is charging.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was in the same boat.

I didnt know which caliber I wanted. 9mm or .40c. I went to my local gunstore and bought a brand new 9mm. In the used display case, there was a .40. It was actually marked $599 but he took $550. I swear the thing looked brand new. I picked it up, looked it over for a good 5 minutes. I mean even the barrel didnt have wear on it from where the slide kind of grinds on it below where the shell ejects from, just beneath the serial #. Thats one of the best things to look at. Anyway bro, this thing looked to be in better shape than the brand new 9mm I was buying, and the date code on the .40 is KG!

I actually love the fact that its older. Ive taken it to the range many times and its flawless. I couldnt love it anymore. I swear as comfortable as my 9mm fits me, the .40 almost feels like it was custom molded to my hand. Its weird I know the dimensions are all the same. I love having the 9mm as my primary carry, and the .40 basically always stays at home and defends the house. Anyway, sorry to get off subject. Absolutely buy it IMO.

The only reason i see to shy away from an older date code (when talking about USP Compacts) is if for some reason you want the updated guide rod assembly that eliminated the c-clip (I replaced the newer one in my 9mm with the older style. I bought a few from hk-usa) The only other changes I can think of is the logos/text went from being printed on to being engraved (or something like that :)) Also, I believe the later model hammers have been rubberized. You can hardly tell until your thumb actually touches it. Only the tip that touched your thumb is rubber. If youre talking about an AC date code, the improvements might have happened already. Im not sure when the advancements were made. The guy at the gunstore will, or all the experts in here can advise you.

Buy the gun! Youll love it!
BauerCTU

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help!

All of the advice was right on point everybody. I wound up finding a new USP compact .40 on CDNN for $659 with 2 12-rounders!! And check this out, I dont know how long the are doing it for but for every additional OEM 12 round mag you purchase you receive a OEM 10 rounder for FREE!! At $40 bucks per mag (best price I have found so far for the mags) This is a great deal. I ordered one additional 12 rounder for a total of 4 mags and the gun for $712. How did I do? Also what are a few of the bestthe best IWB holsters for concealed carry with the compact USP? Cant wait to get my hands on this baby!!:83:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts