HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There must be one heck of a "markup" on these HK's. I have been in the market for a pair of these guns for the last couple of weeks. I have been getting quotes from $689 right up $999 for the same gun in the same variant. The P2000sk in .40 V3 variant, factory sights. All the guns were new. Just wanted to blow off some steam.... I guess it pays to shop around, thats for sure.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah I know, it is horrible in local gun stores, 750 + always, on gunbroker.com you can find some good deals from time to time

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
prices

Yeah I know, it is horrible in local gun stores, 750 + always, on gunbroker.com you can find some good deals from time to time
Yes, I've been watching gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com, the price on those two sites averages around $730 from what I gather. Some of the "online" gun stores advertise them for around $689 which is probbalty the route I will take. Local gun shops near me want $899 and the other wants $998. I would like to support my local gun shop but at those prices?? Plus I have to pay them an additional 8% sales tax in NY. If I get the pair that I want for $689 online, no tax, maybe $20 to ship and I found a FFl that will accept them for $20. If one place afford to sell them for $689, seems kinda stange my local guy said "there is not much profit in these", he only came down $10....Whooo Hoooo!!!!!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I think it depends on if they are a HK dealer, or if they have to get them from a distributor. More hands in the pot type thing.

·
Registered
269 Posts
This is true however I think there are very few dealers who buy direct, most dealers do go through a distributor. I would say there are only 2 dealers in my area that are big enough to buy direct. Most manufactures will have a minimum you have to order for them to sell to you, most have minimum orders and the such, so for everyone but the largest volume stores they have to go through distributors who are putting a mark on it as well. I would also love to support my local stores when it comes to HK's but they are way to much money! So I buy from them what I can even if its a few bucks more here and there but when it comes to large purchases I buy from the guy with the best price online. Several hundred dollars on a lot of guns is a big difference and when you bring it up to a local dealer who you spend money with all the time they get offended. Who will buy a car from a dealer when they know down the street they can save 20%? I for sure will go down the street.

·
Registered
50 Posts
bringing this thread from the grave....is there anyone out there who bought a gun online and regretted it? i.e. the gun turned out not to be as advertised? I'm tempted to buy an HK, either a HK rifle clone or handgun online but sionce I'm not able to visually inspect it, I'm always hesitant to drop $$$ on something I can't inspect first

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ive bought several this way, and with the exception of a Century clone I have not been dissapointed

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
bringing this thread from the grave....is there anyone out there who bought a gun online and regretted it? i.e. the gun turned out not to be as advertised? I'm tempted to buy an HK, either a HK rifle clone or handgun online but sionce I'm not able to visually inspect it, I'm always hesitant to drop $$$ on something I can't inspect first
Nearly everyone has a policy on it anyways, but I would not buy from someone that won't allow a few days for a non-firing inspection period. Even when I buy used from individuals, if I have any doubts I let them know I'd like a few days to look at it to be sure there are no flaws that I can't live with.

I might have to reconsider if someone ever said "Nope, you buy it, you own it. No refunds, no return." So far, no one ever has, but I've also never had to return anything, either. Well, except for a few parts that were not as advertised. But I've never wanted to return any complete firearms.

·
Registered
297 Posts
You guys remember back in like 2000 or 2001 when gunbroker and gunsamerica were filled to the brim with good deals? Those were the days. Winning USPs for $350 and preban HK91s for $1500. Actually, I won one for $1400 loaded up with accessories. Now everyone knows about those websites and I basically treat them as a good gauge of market value for guns. Back in 2001, you could find awesome awesome steals all day long. You could save your money just to wait for the next incredible deal. Unfortunately, it's no longer the case. Gunbroker is still cheaper than local dealers though. Local dealers are almost always more expensive. If they're only like $20 more expensive including tax and everything, I won't hesitate to buy from the dealer since I can actually see the gun I'm buying. However, lots of dealers try to sell USPs for $700+ or Glocks for $550+. Plain ridiculous. No informed customer is going to pay hundreds more for nothing. I do sympathize somewhat with some dealers....they're trying to make a living too, and they have a higher overhead. However, that doesn't mean I have money to piss away for nothing either.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was thinking of applying for a FFL just so I can have access to the wholesale pricing. Has anyone done this? While reading some online info on how to apply for a FFL, it was mentioned by some that the only obstacle that prevents regular Joe Public from going through with a FFL is the fact that they must allow ATF open access to the place of "business" (i.e. usually their home if they are using the FFL to just get wholesale pricing on their favorite guns and dont intend to open up a regular business of selling guns).

·
Registered
311 Posts
I was thinking of applying for a FFL just so I can have access to the wholesale pricing. Has anyone done this? While reading some online info on how to apply for a FFL, it was mentioned by some that the only obstacle that prevents regular Joe Public from going through with a FFL is the fact that they must allow ATF open access to the place of "business" (i.e. usually their home if they are using the FFL to just get wholesale pricing on their favorite guns and dont intend to open up a regular business of selling guns).
That was a good idea 20 years ago, wont fly today with the ATF

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am in the process of obtaining an FFL. The ATF will not grant a license to anyone who does not intend to conduct a business. The amount of paperwork involved and hassle rquired to get an FFL is definitely not worth the effort if it is only to save a few bucks in buying personal guns.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was thinking of applying for a FFL just so I can have access to the wholesale pricing. Has anyone done this?
Most manufacturers probably won't be interested in selling to you for a quantity of 1. Maybe some but most probably not.

They won't want to do this as their vendors will get pissed at them if this is happening and won't sell their guns as much.

·
Registered
651 Posts
That was a good idea 20 years ago, wont fly today with the ATF
+1 to that. I'm in the process now, and the agent I've been speaking too made it very clear that they only give FFLs to people who intened to run a business.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
Most manufacturers probably won't be interested in selling to you for a quantity of 1. Maybe some but most probably not.

They won't want to do this as their vendors will get pissed at them if this is happening and won't sell their guns as much.
And not only that, but the big dealers get them at huge volume discounts. This was on a USP tactical, I haven't asked him about P30s, but at the time I checked a few years ago, CDNN and some of the other online retailers were SELLING USPs for slightly less than my NFA dealer's COST.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I know this may piss someone off but there's no way I'd pay that for plactic S**T!

I'm sure someone will disagree but there's no way I'd pay that kind of money for that plastic S**T!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I know this may piss someone off but there's no way I'd pay that for plactic S**T!

I'm sure someone will disagree but there's no way I'd pay that kind of money for that plastic S**T!
Then why bother to post unless you just enjoy starting S**T? I'm sorry, but I get tired of all the "negative waves" that have no apparent contribution or purpose! Go have a beer with yourself and stew in your hate for the world, or get over it and contribute something to the forum that members can use or enjoy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have purchased 4 HK pistols over the internet, some through gunbroker and others direct from dealers. So far the transactions were smooth, I received what was advertised with a 3 day inspection, and no sales tax involved.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts