HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my usp expert in 40 for seven years now. It has some sentimental attachment. This last year I started shooting uspsa. The Gun is great when it doesn't have a problem. Just today I shot 7 stages and had my slide fail to go in to battery five times ( this happens with all types of ammo and I clean my mags twice durring a match). That malfunction is costing me valuable time. What can I do to fix it? Heftier spring maybe? And I would like to adjust my triggers reset as it's longer than I would like. The malfunctions are the bigger peoblem, and if it keeps happening, I'm going to have to sell the gun for something that doesn't fail so often. I love my expert and I would hate to part with it. Sorry for the spelling.

·
Registered
383 Posts
When you grip the pistol, where do your thumbs rest? I've seen where people who rest their thumbs or fingers on the slide release it can cause issues like this by accidentally putting pressure on the release and locking the slide back. Which magazines are you using and are they HK branded or the absolutely crap aftermarket mags?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are HK brand mags, two that it came with and three are thirteen rounders. I am usually concious to keep my thumbs off of the controls. But I'll watch my placement to see if it helps. I would think though if it was a thumb placement issue it would happen more often. Not sure though, Rifles are more of my thing. And thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
How many rounds through it? Wouldnt a worn out recoil spring make it harder for the slide to lock up? Try a new recoil assembly and new o rings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just shy of 4000, I was really gentle on it the first five years. I didn't think the springs would crap out so early.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts