HKPRO Forums banner

Problem with new P30L

3K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  Crashmc 
#1 ·
Just brought home a new p30L. It won't take down! Never seen something like this. Ive owned many HK firearms including several p30s, so I know how to take it down. Has anyone else had this trouble? Am I missing something??

#3 ·
Make sure the magazine is out :)
Make sure the pin is our fully
Press lightly down on the rear of the slide when sliding off.

Im sure all this was covered. I had a hard time with a new kne myself. Until i pressed down on rear of slide lightly at same time while sliding off.

#4 ·
Make sure the pin is our fully
You pull the lever out completely/fully?

There is a reason why you don't want the slide release lever out fully, which is the same reason why the lever is captive. It should be out just enough for you to see the red and when you feel it stops where it should be. Don't yank it all the way out or you will have to buy a new TRS.

This post has been deleted
#14 ·
Played around with it some more. I finally got the slide off again. This time I removed the barrel and spring. Then I put the slide back on the frame and ran it back and forth with no problem. So, there is no issue with the slide to frame. Reassembled the pistol and had trouble taking it down again. I noticed that if I clamped my hand around the barrel and the trigger guard with my left hand and then pushed the back of the slide with my right thumb, it takes down every time now. So anyways that's my progress so far, thanks for all the help fellas.

#16 ·
Good question, just checked and yeah its moving freely. Ive gotten the disassembly to the point where now if it gets stuck, all I have to do is give a little downward pressure at the mid/front of the slide and push the back of the slide simultaneously. Then it pops right off. Now I don't know if this is a "quirk" of this particular pistol or if its a manufacturing defect. Now that I can get the slide off every time, even if its not the way I'm used to, I'm not sure if its worth bringing back to the store or not. What do you guys think???

#20 ·
So , what's the problem ? You holding the slide back far enough to clear the cross bolt ? I've got 2 P30L's and have never had this issue . Also, this noise about pushing down and pulling up on the slide to get it off is BS . The disconnector doesn't put that much upward pressure on it .

#21 ·
Yes, and it's not BS if that's what is needed to remove the slide on mine. I can't speak for yours. Like I've said, this is the first time I've run into this. I've worked around it so it's ok now. As long as I can break it down when I want to, I don't really care how it's done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.