HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, does anyone other than myself think we've waited far too long on receiving any of the pistols listed on the group buy page for P8/10/12/SPF9/ Expert etc?

If you've had any contact with him, feel the same way I do and or have any factual information as to why we are waiting time periods far exceeding all other BAFA/ATF/State normal wait times please share them. Along with what you're waiting on and when you paid. I'm trying to gain an accurate wait time.

We're approaching 15+ months waiting for pistols that shouldn't take longer than 4-6 months max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapastalk.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is this thread going to survive the mods' ax?
It wasn't the mods' that ax'ed me out of MDW guns post.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
It sucks when vendors don't respond or keep their customers in the loop. I can't believe any importation could take that long. What's the vendor's malfunction and can the Forum put pressure to bare?

While the vendor was helpful to me when I had questions with a potential export and I am grateful for that, I think you are more than justified in bringing this out in the open here. But I am surprised that there is no response from my brief experience with him. As they say, sunshine is the best antiseptic and as a member he has plenty of opportunity to tell his side so the Mods shouldn't touch this!!!

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
I had a good run with Marc up until I purchased 3 pistols from MDWGUNS totaling $5,150 and none of them arrived from Germany oldest purchase Aug 2013, in an effort to recover funds I accepted 2 replacements totaling $2,700 in value. One of the guns had a bad Bolt head, requiring me to but a replacement. I have asked for a refund of the balance and was denied. I even offered a payment plan.
These guns were purchased direct from MDWGUNS, a photo of the gun with serial number was emailed to me with a price and a cashiers check was sent priority mail. I think I have been more than patient and fair. I called the ATF and even though it is a civil matter they placed a call to Marc who told them I should send a written request for a refund, which I did certified mail but Marc refused to sign for the letter. A second letter was sent Prioriy mail which he has received. He replied with he will not refund my money and a threat of legal fees. I was a good customer of Marc's and have spent well over 15 K with him.
As the story goes 2 of my guns were stolen in Germany and the other is with an exporter that he is having a money dispute with.
So where does that leave me out $2,450.
I have kept quite for to long on this matter.
Mr. Wagner I would like a refund.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Is this thread going to survive the mods' ax?
SG reference this post in another thread, so I imagine this thread will live.
I'll be watching. I see some respectful members commenting.
My only dealings were on a FG that was a few months delayed but arrived NIB as advertised.
A much smaller ticket item and also different type of import.

Reactions: Calla23

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Are the wheels falling off this group buy? I know of another member who has privately complained to me.

If it walks and talks and quacks like a duck, then you know.........

I emailed him once to see about importing a USP Match 9mm from Germany but he never emailed me back. I emailed him not once, but 3 times. Plus a phone call. That was a sign this guy is too busy to offer good customer service.

Thank goodness I did not buy from him.

He posted a picture of a German court document and mentioned his prior partner suing him for damages. Remember that? It's all becoming clear now.

I think something fishy is going on....rhymes with "Fonzi".

Hopefully people will be able to get their refunds :(

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
I had a good run with Marc up until I purchased 3 pistols from MDWGUNS totaling $5,150 and none of them arrived from Germany oldest purchase Aug 2013, in an effort to recover funds I accepted 2 replacements totaling $2,700 in value. One of the guns had a bad Bolt head, requiring me to but a replacement. I have asked for a refund of the balance and was denied. I even offered a payment plan.
These guns were purchased direct from MDWGUNS, a photo of the gun with serial number was emailed to me with a price and a cashiers check was sent priority mail. I think I have been more than patient and fair. I called the ATF and even though it is a civil matter they placed a call to Marc who told them I should send a written request for a refund, which I did certified mail but Marc refused to sign for the letter. A second letter was sent Prioriy mail which he has received. He replied with he will not refund my money and a threat of legal fees. I was a good customer of Marc's and have spent well over 15 K with him.
As the story goes 2 of my guns were stolen in Germany and the other is with an exporter that he is having a money dispute with.
So where does that leave me out $2,450.
I have kept quite for to long on this matter.
Mr. Wagner I would like a refund.

Damn Chuck, sorry to hear about this. Hope it works out.

I think at this point the legal system will have to play things out.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,550 Posts
I would respectfully ask that all comments on this thread be civil and factual. If you are having an issue, speak your factual peace. If you are just on the sidelines, please refrain.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
I too have had a negative experience with Marc, but I haven't waited as long as others.

He posted a pistol for sale on 11/4/15 http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-pistols-sale/227326-wts-hk-p10.html... it was not part of a group buy. I wired him funds within 48 hours of saying I'd take it. Since sending payment, I have received nothing but excuses that don't add up. When told the export was approved, I asked to see copies of BAFA export paperwork... but received only heavily redacted copies that didn't tell me anything. He's also told me it was shipped... many months ago. Yet I have no pistol to show for my money and all his promises. When I reported the issue to the mods, I was told to submit negative feedback. When I posted the feedback, Marc responded that he would no longer respond to my inquiries unless they were in writing. I have since written to him without reply.

Word is that he's had issues with German dealers and exporters... that may be true, but his paying customers who connected with him on a forum that is collecting his monthly dues (and our premium membership fees) are paying the price for his inability to hold up his end of the deals. I'll stop just short of saying there was intentional deception on his part, but if it walks like a duck...

Either way, buyer beware!

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
There is another member here that is out 5 K going on two years that has yet to come forward, per his request I will not mention his name.

·
11,550 Posts
Folks,
Marc's Supporting Vendor account has been suspended while the Vertical Scope investigation continues. The Supporting Vendor forum of his has been suspended and tucked away in a safe place out of view. Marc has been banned for a variety of reasons, pending resolution of all of this.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Folks,
Marc's Supporting Vendor account has been suspended while the Vertical Scope investigation continues. The Supporting Vendor forum of his has been suspended and tucked away in a safe place out of view. Marc has been banned for a variety of reasons, pending resolution of all of this.
Proactivity is commended!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
Folks,

I can only hope those who have funds outstanding can recoup are able to recoup them please update us!!

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Folks,
I would like to ask how he's expected to respond to this thread (if he would) if he's banned?

·
11,550 Posts
He has been instructed to communicate directly with the Vertical Scope team. Only time will tell if he avails himself of that avenue. If folks who have issues would like to report details, please do so to me AND admin via PM. At this point, we cannot allow him to continue posting and making offers to sell until the situation(s) are resolved.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting how specially mods kick someone out without letting him defend himself.
I received my HK P8 a month ago with an extra magazine.
Yeah it took a year + but those were the first P8 imported commercially.

Let me ask a simple question: How does someone "avails himself", when he banned and silenced?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
These were not the first P8's imported commercially or otherwise! Larry imported them YEARS ago. Those as I recall didn't take but a few months. How do I know? My father purchased one from him.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Suendebock means "scapegoat" in German...Interesting.
Not to mention the account was created 33 minutes ago. How interesting.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.