Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 885 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PROJECT: BREAK MY HK45!!!

Guys,

If all goes well, I will finally get to start the sequel to my Break my P2000 thread. Anyone who followed that thread knows I only planned to do it until summer or so when the HK45 came out. O.K., so the HK45 is a few months late.

I will be shooting my HK45 at least 500 rounds a week. I will keep a meticulous log of all quirks, malfunctions, etc. I will treat the gun like crap, and shoot a mixture of duty ammo, reloads, steel cased, etc. This gun is going to be put to the test!!!!

With any luck the torture begins tomorrow!!!

BTW, I will be taking reasonable requests as to what tests and trials to put it through.

GHB
:57:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yes! Another great Greg Bell torture test thread!!!
I am looking forward to this! :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Guys,

If all goes well, I will finally get to start the sequel to my Break my P2000 thread. Anyone who followed that thread knows I only planned to do it until summer or so when the HK45 came out. O.K., so the HK45 is a few months late.

I will be shooting my HK45 at least 500 rounds a week. I will keep a meticulous log of all quirks, malfunctions, etc. I will treat the gun like crap, and shoot a mixture of duty ammo, reloads, steel cased, etc. This gun is going to be put to the test!!!!

With any luck the torture begins tomorrow!!!

BTW, I will be taking reasonable requests as to what tests and trials to put it through.

GHB
:57:
We will be watching your carer with interest, young Skywalker.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Greg, this is going to kick ASS!!! I loved the P2000 thread! It really gives us confidence in our HK guns. Thanks for puting them to the test for all of us! We all thank you!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Well, since you mentioned requests. How about we do the elemental test? So, we start with earth, fire, air/wind, water, and sky. This translates to:

earth - burial in sand, mud and clay
fire - simulated temperature tortue...bake the gun under melting point or possibly a rapid fire simulation until the barrel starts to glow?
air/wind - drop test from at least 20'
water - freeze it in ice and then thaw rapidly into boiling water or immerse in a viscious fluid like glycerine and try cycling the action with a round
sky - if it survives all the above with flying colors, we retire it to the HK Gods ;)

Yea, it was a verbose reply, but I for one am excited to see you put this through its paces! I'm sure it will fly with passing colors.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I think one of your tests should include the good ole' classic buried in mud test. A classic but those if us in the military or have been in the military can appreciate it. For a new spin on it after one range trip put it in mud then let the mud dry until the next shooting trip. I would be interested in seeing the outcome of the dried mud in the components.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I am very interested in the performance of the new HK 45.

·
Registered
11 Posts
im wanting to get a new duty gun and i was thinking about the usp 45 full size but the new hk 45 has really got my attention . i will definitly be on the edge of my seat with this one . durability of the back strap components would be key as well as the reliability. usp45 compact hasnt let me down yet!!!!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Greg
Are there photos of your HK45 in this thread?
(I cant see them if there are)

Im thinking this will be similar to your P2000 torture test, and the HK45 will keep running like a machine.
Cant wait for you to reach 15k rounds on the HK45!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I wish I could afford to spend ~500 a month on ammo. : (

1 - 20 of 885 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.