HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this should probably be in the range report.

well against all the bad things i read about promag's i ordered a 20rd for my Usp Tactical 45 and a 20rd for my friends para ordnance 14. they came in about 2 weeks ago. i was able to get about 18rd no problem in the usp mag. the 19th and 20th rd were a little harder but i got all 20 in. took it to the range and fired off all 20 with no problems. loaded up 20 more so my friend could try and he had a double feed. i cleared it and let him finish off the mag. he did not have another problem. i told him to load 15 or 16 and he did. again he had a double feed. i cleared it and finished it off myself. then i loaded 20 more and shot them again with no problems. so 2 times full mag no problem. i pretty sure my friend was pulling back on the mag.

this weekend he tried his para ordnance 20rd mag and could only get 15rds in it. i was able to get 16rd. the spring was a lot harder. but his promag fired all rounds without a single problem.

i shot my usp 20rd 3 times each time full with 20rds. first time was just normal fire. then the next 2 full mags were rapid fire. 60rds in a row no problems. again further evidence that my friend was just doing something wrong. anyway moral of the story they costed 33.99 and worked fine in my opinion. maybe promag has changed they quality or i got lucky.

i think the 20rd mag in my USP Tactical makes it shoot easier. the added weight helps reduce the recoil in my opinion.

anyway i was very pleased with the proformance and ability to actually get all 20rds in the mag. ill probably order an 2nd one.
pictures of tactical with mag forth coming.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Interesting.....

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought 2 Pro-Mag 12-rounders for my USP45F a while back. I also experienced some double-feeds. I replaced the Pro-Mag springs with Wolff springs, and the problem went away! They have been pretty decent range mags, actually...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like the Promags I picked up for my 1911's. They work real well for holding down items that can be blown away on the bench. They also work decent as a makeshift hammer if need be.
I would never trust my life with them lol. Glad you got some that you could at least practice with. I never even got that lucky.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

im not sure if the mag loader will work. i kinda doubt it. but im gonna try. i need one for my regular mags anyway. after loading the 20rd a couple times my fingers are killing me.

·
Registered
266 Posts
after reading all the probs guys are having with the 20rd Pro mags i picked up 4 of them to see what Gives..
after looking at the mags close... i see a diff on the Hk 12rd mags.. there is a outward releaf cut done to the Hk mags.
on the forward lip it stays at the same Hight.. it just the lip is ramped outward.. i saw the 20mags did not have this..
so i added it the the 20rd mags...

the lip im talking about would be just under the slug tip of a loaded rd
in the mag..

if you get it loaded up. try with one hand to unload the mag with your thumb.
you will see how the rds get stuck on that lip with out the cut.
(i do it at a 45dgr angle) outward. like the Hk mags.are done.. and have never had any probs with the mags feeding...after just doing the cut..
this is on My 4 20rd promags.

i do it with a small hand file..takes just a few min..
then load it up and then try it....(the one hand unload) or shooting.
I Have never had a prob with any of the 20rd mags. in my
USP .45 Tacl..
the mags have the same parts that came with them..
this worked for my 4 mags..

i use them in some of my matches if i run out of 12 rd mags
(13 of them) and all 4 run like a champ.

and a tip i load them up 3 days before. the match..
so the feeling comes back to my thumbs...lol

Duke

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know what your talking about. i did have that problem pushing the rounds out with my thumb. but just cycling them through my tactical i had no problems yet anyway. if i do ill have to try what you suggest.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good stuff

Great info all. Just got two of the 20rd promags and am looking forward to trying them out. Sounds like I might have to buy some tools though. I also plan to modify the spacer to fit in Mark 23 as well. Iknow that I can just take the spacer off, but I would prefer it intact.

i

·
Registered
173 Posts
TexKettering, the UPLULA should work on just about any mag with 8mm of clearance between the feed lips. I'm sure it will be fine with the USP mags.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My 20rd mags work good.The only problem i ever get is the bolt hold open doesnt engage sometimes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts