·
Registered
279 Posts
Have you thought about RTG parts maybe?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
RTG sells the POF HK bipods.

I like mine on my PTR. Good quality for the money.

I avoid things like Promag and Tapco, period.

YMMV.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
I had one and it was a piece of junk, legs did not lock open right or even tuck tightly into the forearm groves. I strongly suggest you save and buy the real deal.

·
Registered
279 Posts
GCMKC post the best looking one for the money besides the RTG pof i have seen. There are some around with plastic feet that just didn't look like they would hold up as well as the steel ones. Although I have never tried one. They could be fine. I just like the idea of steel feet.The RTG one I have reminds me of the original HK on I had years ago.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The ProMag bipod takes some work due to it's cast metal parts, but once taken apart and polished it works fine. You have to take off the bipod legs and polish all the rough contact and slide points, including the contact points for the handguard. I used a flat small diamond dust file from Harbor Freight to smooth out the contact areas, and a round chain saw file to smooth the burrs inside the legs. Once done, cold blue touched up and oiled everything, looks and acts like an orginal HK now. When I first got the bipod it would not fit on a painted Century arms handguard and the legs would not fold down without pulling back on the spring catches, and even then getting the legs down was difficult. Once things were polished the legs fold up properly and pull down without catching, as they are suppose to, and lock in place. It's a pretty rugged and reliable bipod once the burrs and rough areas are cleaned out. Expect to spend at least thirty minutes getting it cleaned up to operate properly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought a promag set for both my 91 & 93 (clones) and they both function great. it was a little hard to insert on my 91 but now that it's in, it functions great. If you're looking for a good price, i got mine from blackbear. It was $25 cheaper than Robert RTG and did exactly what i needed it to do.

Black Bear Sporting Goods - Hunting, Archery, Fishing, Camping, Hiking, Boating, & more.

Thanks ........looking at the PM part nos, it appears RTG is selling the ProMag as well, correct ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts