HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I just bought my first handgun, and I made sure it was a good one!! I've been monitoring this website for a while to learn as much about HK's as possible but I still have a couple of questions.

I've heard talk about a couple different triggers types like LEM and such. What are these and what are the difference?

What are good, cheap night sights?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, it's been over a yeah and it's still going strong. I haven't had a single issue. I'm now looking for a P2000SK for my CCW. I've never shot one. How would it feel compaired to the fullsize USP?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I didn't feel like going into myself, so I cheated with Wikipedia:

"The LEM trigger is basically HK's version of SIG's DAK trigger and vice versa. According to the company, the LEM trigger allows for faster follow-up shots (repeat shots) on target than a standard double-action-only system, due to a lighter trigger pull (7.3–8.5 lbf) and shorter trigger reset than standard DAO trigger systems. The LEM trigger utilizes a two-piece "pre-cocked hammer" comprised of a cocking piece and an external hammer. The hammer is pre-cocked when a round is chambered (slide is cycled). The LEM system supposedly also provides for more reliable primer ignition, since it utilizes a stronger hammer spring."

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ Thanks Gerber.

How do these differ when shooting them; i.e. recoil, how it feels in your hand, etc.?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Depending on the size of your hand you may or may not be comfortable with the
P2000SK, compared with a full size USP. You can always hold it with 3 fingers and place your pinky underneath.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Joe -

I hear Meprolights are good and can be had for about $80-$120. But that is just where I have been searching online and found locally. You might find a better deal than I did.

BassOverflow -

It's the consistent pull. Although, the first pull of the trigger is ~7.5-8.5#, the following shots are much smoother and lighter. To solve that, I am going to have mine reduced to the lighter trigger ~4.5#. For me "snappy" and "recoil" with the .40 are only a matter of perception and what ammo you are using. From what I have experienced, **Remington 180 gr ammo had far more recoil than WWB 165 gr ammo. With that said, the trigger isn't going to cause anymore recoil or any less. As the excerpt stated, it's the consistent pull, follow up shots and getting back on target.

** = I am stating for the record that I am not inciting an ammo war. This was MY experience and MY "perception".

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys... I was getting confused there for a minute. My first post was in this thread was over a year ago when I first got my USP. My second post was asking about the difference of the USP and P2000SK.

:eek: I was wondering where the comments of the sights and trigger were coming from!! Sorry, my mistake! FYI - I got Meprolights installed about a year ago and have never looked back. Those are great sights.

I'm looking for a good CCW since my USP is really too big for that purpose. Maybe I should post this in the handgun forum.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
If I understand correctly, the DAK doesn't have the shorter reset. It has the lighter DAO pull but not the shorter reset.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for night sights, check TopGunSupply. Last I saw was Mepros for $69. And get some silicon cloths while you're at it. I love those things.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I lucked out and got some new P2000 Trijicon Night Sights dated 06 on EBay for about $15 including shipping. I sent the slide and sights off to Trijicon for installation, so for less than $50 including shipping and installation I got Trijicons for my P2000.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts