HKPRO Forums banner

PSG-1 avalibility

31K views 50 replies 22 participants last post by  JelloStorm 
#1 ·
how hard is it to find a PSG-1 for sale if you have the cash for it?

#6 ·
I've seen them go from $11-18K, depending on condition, but like Straightgrain said it depends on how much you're willing to spend.

Folks here are real sticklers for original parts re: their collecibility, but there are some specialty parts makers and gunsmiths that enhance the value of some of these rifles, ie like an Urbach barrel or reworked welded receivers, etc. And wait till you get this, there are some folks here that have two of these fine HK specimens in LNIB condition!

#8 ·
and their are some hear that buy these rifles and actually shoot them, what are you going to do with your money buy a gun to let it sit their ? might as well just put your money in a savings account
or buy a gun and shoot it and actually know if the rifle is capable of the job it was designed for.

i built an msg90 and spray painted it brown and green, if you want somthing that is just for looks spend themoney on a semi auto barret

#16 ·
I've never had professional shooting instruction and I can keep my factory SR9T, in TC configuration with NO stiffening rails, around 0.5 MOA at 200 meters, so the PSG1 has got to shoot better than 1 MOA. If I spent that kind of scratch and it didn't, I'd be very upset...

#12 ·
well i built an msg90 clone g3 bolt head and carrier, msg90 lower with psg trigger, 26" barrel ( douglas ) msg90 stock with rubber buttpad.... i can shoot hornady 168 match bullet with 42.7 gr blc2 cci primer in a winchester casing at .5-.7" @ 100 my receiver has also been stiffend and psg forarm as well.

iam sure if i could build a sub moa gun the real thing is right on par with sub moa accuracy.... the biggest let down to me is it took about 350 rounds to break the barrel in and get the groups to tighten up how ever that also gives a person enough rounds on the gun to feel good and practice so.

i say the gun is sub moa.... and can compete with the semi auto ar-10's

#14 ·
Thanks guys ... I was wondering as I've heard good things about the PSG-1 and being a FAL shooter the accuracy of other 7.62x51 semi's is of interest .... (a mate had his worked FAL doing .8" five shot groups at 100 meters yesterday with hand loaded 175 grain SMKs ... not too shabby eh? :)

#15 ·
You can not go wrong with a PSG1!!!! They are excellent weapons and quite accurate. The price varies on these things depending on if it comes with the case, battery charger, correct scope, etc.
If you are referring to the GB ad with the PSG1 that looks like it has been put into a meat grinder for 14k I have spoke with him and he is firm at that price. I have seen new ones go for that with out the box but I would never pay that for 1.

#23 · (Edited)
They are required to put 50 rounds into a 1 MOA circle at 300 meters. And have a service life of over 15,000 rounds to boot. I used to have an article from Gun Digest of a test they did years ago where they put 50 rounds into a 2" circle at 200 meters. I haven't run across that issue in a long time though.

Here are the specifics of HK's internal testing, see post #5:

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?117569-Help-PSG1-test-info&daysprune=-1

#24 ·
i have read that once befor..... and i belive it with out a shadow of a dout but.... i would like to see hard core proof... will any one post their targets ? will any one make a youtube video ?

i have an msg90 clone of my own and with 168 hornady match bullets infront of 42.7 gr of blc-2 i can get .5 - .7 inch groups @100 with douglas barrel... so i dont dout the hk barrel shoots better i just actually wanna see it done

#32 ·
The thing about gun broker is that you dont know if your buying the real thing or a clone or some peiced together kit build... for 10-15k, I'd like to see it first hand.
Actually, all you need is a picture of the serial number. PSG1's have a serial number starting with 44- , a converted 91's serial number will start with an A with no prefix, or a prefix of 41-. Just one photo of the left side of the magwell will tell you if it's a conversion or not.

#40 ·
NIB does it come with the cardboard box or just the hard case? VERY IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE from a collectors stand point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.