HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched Lethal Weapon 1 on TBS the other night and I noticed that Mel Gibson uses a PSG-1 in the helcopter/limo scene.

I will have to rent it to get a picture of it, but it looks like the real PSG-1. It does not have the front sight like the SR9 TC in Sniper or The Jackel. Also it has the long 24" barrel.

Did anyone else see this?? This is the only movie I have ever watched that a PSG-1 was used and not a mocked up HK91 or SR9TC.

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
So does this answer the question on the PSG-1 page of HKPRO asking which was the first action movie to feature the PSG-1?

Also, I remember seeing a PSG-1 in some Asian action film a while back (and yes, it was authentic; I didn't see the ghostring sights), but I can't remember the title of it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
It does not have the front sight like the SR9 TC in Sniper or The Jackel. Also it has the long 24" barrel.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI: The first Lethal Weapon movie was made in 1987. So much for the SR-9 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And yes, when I saw LW some time ago, I thought also that the rifle Riggs used was a PSG-1.

·
Registered
4 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
FYI: The first Lethal Weapon movie was made in 1987. So much for the SR-9 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, almost forgot...SR9s' are post-'89 weapons, so they wouldn't have been around (or necesary) back then.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Old Thread but I finally saw this movie for the first time! Not a bad show. Was quite pleased when the PSG-1 showed up and it wasn't a clone. Is this the only movie where a real PSG-1 is used? Also a little MP5 with military scope play. Best gun in the movie though is that Beretta, accurate as hell! The part where he makes a smiley face at the range was very impressive! I couldn't have done that with a rifle free standing and at that distance!

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
I wouldn´t hit the paper at all if I were fliching like he was :D

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i dont think its a sig, it doesent look like it has the mirage sheild over the forearm like the 550 does, and the triangular forearm viewed from the front looks like a dead giveaway psg-1

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yup, it was a PSG-1, and HK loaned it to the production house for the movie.

From what I've heard, HK got the rifle back, and just put it with their other T&E PSG-1's, not realizing that the production house had blanked the barrel without their permission.

Presumably they thought the rifle was going to be used as a non-firing prop, or maybe they were told that the firing foley would be dubbed in, with Gibson just simulating recoil.

Needless to say, when they found out, they were rather upset since they had to replace the barrel.

Not only that, I also heard they had pulled the rifle off the rack, and were going to test fire it when they decided to check the barrel first.

·
Registered
229 Posts
That would have been exciting...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts