HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to find some barrels for my builds. I am looking for both a PSG-1 barrel and one for a MSG-90 , both are clones. Contact info/price ranges would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Leadthrower

·
Registered
174 Posts
I purchased an Urbach PSG-1 barrel from RDTS for $800.00 about a year ago. They are hard to get but Urbach Barrels are amoung the best!!!!

GMANinGA out.

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
At the last Creek Terry Dyer had a Murray Urbach barrel blank on his table. Since it was not milled into any barrel conture you could have him mill either one. I think he only had one and it may have been sold by now but it would hurt to ask. I am pretty sure his email address is as follows:
[email protected]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input gents, it is very helpful. Does anyone one else know of any other company they forgot that I can get a PSG-1, or a MSG-90 barrel from? A fellow member said to try a Hart barrel, has anyone had any luck finding one of these barrels either?

Leadthrower

·
Registered
178 Posts
There are plenty of quality barrel makers out there, but the problem is getting it profiled. I don't see why any good machininst/gunsmith couldn't use the barrel of your choice as long as they had the dimensions.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm in the a similar boat at Leadthrower. I am looking for a nice barrel for an accurized 91. I've got an FMP parts kit and I'll get the JLD receiver to go off of. I'd probably go with a PSG-1 contour. Has anyone here dealt with Shilen? I've heard they're great on other guns but I havent seen any on HK's. And who's tried JLD's fluted 20" barrel?

Leadthrower, do you know if that fellow member has had experience w/ Hart? I assume he was happy with them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in the a similar boat at Leadthrower. I am looking for a nice barrel for an accurized 91. I've got an FMP parts kit and I'll get the JLD receiver to go off of. I'd probably go with a PSG-1 contour. Has anyone here dealt with Shilen? I've heard they're great on other guns but I havent seen any on HK's. And who's tried JLD's fluted 20" barrel?

Leadthrower, do you know if that fellow member has had experience w/ Hart? I assume he was happy with them.
No I don't know which member has tried the Hart Barrel, but I just sent them a Email to find out on pricing. I do own a JLD 20" barrel but I haven't had it installed yet (I have 3 recievers to build rifles with ).:D The JLD barrel does moa atleast according to their website.

PS I did run accros this personal webpage;

http://community-2.webtv.net/VRaven_PSG-1/CivilianSpecial/page9.html

Leadthrower

·
Registered
70 Posts
No I don't know which member has tried the Hart Barrel, but I just sent them a Email to find out on pricing. I do own a JLD 20" barrel but I haven't had it installed yet (I have 3 recievers to build rifles with ).:D The JLD barrel does moa atleast according to their website.

PS I did run accros this personal webpage;

http://community-2.webtv.net/VRaven_PSG-1/CivilianSpecial/page9.html

Leadthrower
I ran across that guy's website a while back. His PSG is just amazing. I don't know if a custom 30" barrel would work on anything we're wanting because he used two trunion pins to keep that thing in there. His barrel was a Hart though. If a 30" hart barrel can get 1/2" groups at 1/2 mile, then a 26" Hart barrel can't be half bad either...

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Send Urbach a fax with your telephone # and you need a __ barrel. Or if you don't want to play games with Urbach just ask GM. If Urbach makes it, GM will sell it to you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Send Urbach a fax with your telephone # and you need a __ barrel. Or if you don't want to play games with Urbach just ask GM. If Urbach makes it, GM will sell it to you.

I would fax with what I need to Urbach but I don't have his contact info or fax #. Hopefully it'll work out, if not I take is "GM" is fellow board member "GMANinGA"?

Thanks Again.
Leadthrower

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well only one company responded after two days of Email/faxing, Hart was that one company and they didn't know what the guns were...Any one know the profile measurements of each barrel? If so PM them to me so I can see if we can get this ball rolling! Hell maybe it would be more tempting to them if I could get a count of how many of us would like a Msg-90 Style, or a PSG-1 Style barrel.

Leadthrower

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you are looking for quality and accuracy, just get an Urbach barrel. I have one on my Dyer MSG90. Next best thing to factory.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ran across that guy's website a while back. His PSG is just amazing. I don't know if a custom 30" barrel would work on anything we're wanting because he used two trunion pins to keep that thing in there. His barrel was a Hart though. If a 30" hart barrel can get 1/2" groups at 1/2 mile, then a 26" Hart barrel can't be half bad either...
That guy is FOS, turns out its all airsoft...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Half inch groups at nearly 900 yards? Anything is possible, but I would have to see it to believe it. Even Wimbeldon Cup shooters don't shoot groups that small. Record 3.15" thousand yard group.

Like I said, anything is possible, but I'm exceedingly skeptical about a 1/2" group at 1/2 mile, unless it is the best 3 shots of 10 fired or something.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Half inch groups at nearly 900 yards? Anything is possible, but I would have to see it to believe it. Even Wimbeldon Cup shooters don't shoot groups that small. Record 3.15" thousand yard group.

Like I said, anything is possible, but I'm exceedingly skeptical about a 1/2" group at 1/2 mile, unless it is the best 3 shots of 10 fired or something.
Yeah, anything is possible. Just not 1/2" groups at 900 yards. Unless you count groups of one.

Ok, I read the link again. He doesn't say 1/2" group, he claims 1/2MOA at 880 yards, which is plausible. Difficult, but possible.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts