HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Vendor
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when or why there are 2 sizes of PSG1 cases?
The larger most commonly seen one (I have) and the smaller one.
Smaller lighter seems easier to get around with.
Any insight would be appreciated.
MM

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Wasn't aware there were two sizes.
Do you have pics, or an idea where they can be found?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Would it be wrong to think the larger case held more accessories and was used when the situation might be fluid, while the smaller one might be for when there was simply a need for getting into position to take the shot with just the bare minimum?

Or perhaps there was a Deluxe version of the PSG1 with all the bells and whistles and a Basic one for those Depts that had to watch costs?

If they both hold the same items then apparently someone came to the same conclusion as you, that smaller was better.

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
Yes. There were two sizes. The larger one came first and was massive. The smaller version was a welcome addition to the system.
That minimalist trend continued in the MSG90 and MSG90A1 which came in a shiXXy cardboard box!
As I recall the smaller case had spot for the same accessories and saved space by less foam between components though they may have removed the spot for the Logo System Tripod that came with the earlier PSG1's as standard and was removed later. Side by side photos would answer that.
The newer cases had a relief cut in the lid so as to not activate the on/off button for the scopes reticle illuminator. We always wondered why the battery was drained when we rec'd these things new or charged them and put them up only to find them drained at next use.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
WOW! Someone has to be really drinking the kool-ade to pay those prices. A Pelican would be a quarter what he wants.
Kool-ade? Do you have any idea what a PSG1 sells for? Do you have any idea what these cases in used condition go for on GB? I am going to assume not as you would instantly know the seller is undervaluing his cases compared to those selling prices.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Kool-ade? Do you have any idea what a PSG1 sells for? Do you have any idea what these cases in used condition go for on GB? I am going to assume not as you would instantly know the seller is undervaluing his cases compared to those selling prices.
LOL As I said...kool-ade. But if it floats your boat then go for it.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
From cursory research, it appears that the earlier cases have the cutouts for 2-20 round magazines (one over the other), and to the right thereof 2-5 round magazines (one over the other), while the later cases have the cutouts for 20-/20-/5-/5-round magazines in the same row--- anyone feel free to correct me!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
I think his point is, a Shelby Cobra is for getting from point A to point B, a 1913 Liberty Head Nickel is for spending in a vending machine, and the Hope diamond is nothing but a chunk of carbon. Yes, there are people who think like that.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
From cursory research, it appears that the earlier cases have the cutouts for 2-20 round magazines (one over the other), and to the right thereof 2-5 round magazines (one over the other), while the later cases have the cutouts for 20-/20-/5-/5-round magazines in the same row--- anyone feel free to correct me!!! :biggrin:

Tony
And I think for the smaller case, you can store away the tripod without removing all three legs (one of the legs stays attached, for what it's worth).

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
I think his point is, a Shelby Cobra is for getting from point A to point B, a 1913 Liberty Head Nickel is for spending in a vending machine, and the Hope diamond is nothing but a chunk of carbon. Yes, there are people who think like that.
I'd agree on the Shelby. It's a point to point car with the added benefit of fun if you so desire. I'd gladly swap nickels and lumps of carbon with these types of people all day, every day.

Value is in the eye of the beholder....except when there are 100 beholders who agree. Then it becomes a market set price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapastalk.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
WOW! Someone has to be really drinking the kool-ade to pay those prices. A Pelican would be a quarter what he wants. But yeah then I know it wouldn't be a real HK case.
With all do respect you have a right to your opinion but generally it's in bad taste to publicly bash someone's listing and their pricing. I'm sure it wouldn't be appreciated if it was your listing. Everyone on this board knows how expensive HK parts and accessories can be. Quite honestly just from my observations I thought the prices were extremely reasonable considering the condition they're in.

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
If you need it (or want it), then you buy it--- not claiming that the cases are overpriced, but I have overpaid for items that I really needed and wanted--- with time, their values have increased significantly--- all in what you buy, and the timing!!! :biggrin:

Tony

1 - 20 of 23 Posts