HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm in a barrel making mood.......
What interest is there for correct spec barrels and actual MSG90/A1 trunions.
Nobody has ever really made a correct spec barrel in either of these models or MSG trunions.
I have the guns/specs. so I can make them.
Is it worth doing even in a small run for having the correct parts?
Thanks,Mike
MM

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would be interested in an MSG90A1 barrel with the correct contours. Price is always the kicker, though.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Since I'm in a barrel making mood.......
What interest is there for correct spec barrels and actual MSG90/A1 trunions.
Nobody has ever really made a correct spec barrel in either of these models or MSG trunions.
I have the guns/specs. so I can make them.
Is it worth doing even in a small run for having the correct parts?
Thanks,Mike
MM
A MSG90 would always be interesting but like mp said, price is always a factor ;-).

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I've got a PTR reciever just looking for something to be turned into.... perhaps it should be a MSG90 clone. The right barrel/trunion would go a long way to making the project happen.

As always, price is the driving factor.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Can these have all the correct specs/profiling of the MSG90/A1 barrel but made to operate in a HK91 trunion and work with a standard 91 bolt head and carrier? Would a barrel/trunion extension be the only thing needed to be welded on for additional support? Am I correct that a true MSG90/A1 barrel wouldn't properly work in a 91 normally? I'm trying to educate myself on this.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
You know this brings up an entire new set of choices ... just about when one was working out G3K vs MM21e (or 308 kit as the case maybe) for this year (new start up company precludes both) .... someone had to toss in a third choice (Thanks appreciate the options!). Does raise the question on how well a MSG90 build will shoot vs a new selected barrel in the MM21e ... humm.

Thus if one had a barrel (assuming 1 in 10 twist) and trunnion, then looks like a MSG90 build could use a receiver with welded on rails and forward assist, "HK"23e scope mount (both look a lot like what's on the MM23eK ;-), MSG90 stock (have), PSG1 trigger pack (have) or at least a semi trigger pack with a better trigger (use to be a set trigger option). Guess one could also use a registered trigger pack or sear in/with a MSG90 trigger pack ... but this gets complicated ;-) .... leaving open discussions on:

- Forearm / triple frame setup - ???
- Forward barrel weight (assume threaded but might be built in barrel)
- Bolt and carrier, which have a few links in connection to :
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/124202-msg90-bolt-head-g3-carrier-marriage-question.html
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/122294-questions-about-msg90-parts.html
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-...eice-longbarrel-psg-1-msg-90-clone-build.html

For reference appears the MSG90 bolt has a different extractor:

·
Vendor
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can these have all the correct specs/profiling of the MSG90/A1 barrel but made to operate in a HK91 trunion and work with a standard 91 bolt head and carrier? Would a barrel/trunion extension be the only thing needed to be welded on for additional support? Am I correct that a true MSG90/A1 barrel wouldn't properly work in a 91 normally? I'm trying to educate myself on this.
I can leave off the extractor cut but will still work with it for a std. bolthead.
Barrel would work in a 91 but the HG and cocking tube etc. would be the problem.
You could add the extension but why not use the proper trunion?
MM

·
Vendor
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JTinIN the new 22" MM21E barrels would most likely shoot as well as the MSG.
As you know my BF are tack drivers as is with iron sights.
MM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts