HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In G3Ks presentation there is a PSG1 Match Rifle.

Is there a difference between the Match and the PSG1? Or is it purely nomenclature differences?

Was the match ever sold to civilians?

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know. If there is/was another version I do not have I would like to know.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
My literature collection has nothing about a Match. From what I have, the PSG1 appeared in US literature in 1986. I have other literature printed in Germany (in English) that I think comes from early 1984. None of it mentions a Match or wood stocks, or that scope shown in G3K's presentation.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
My literature collection has nothing about a Match. From what I have, the PSG1 appeared in US literature in 1986. I have other literature printed in Germany (in English) that I think comes from early 1984. None of it mentions a Match or wood stocks, or that scope shown in G3K's presentation.
Without pulling up the PDF, the scope looked like the 1.5-6x42mm that is on the SG1 variants from what I recall. Other than G3Kurz or Larry Vickers (pictured holding it), I doubt there is anyone else that will be able to chime in with accurate, first-hand info.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a very large collection of PSG1 information, manuals, parts lists etc..

None so far have mentioned anything about a "match" PSG1 or a wooden stock or handgard option or part number. I stll have several boxes to look through though.

G3K please if you know anything about this chime in.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
The first picture of the "Match" PSG1 I saw was the one at the Mauser factory. The caption reads prototype PSG1. But seeing G3K's pdf makes me think otherwise. There should be several of these examples in the wild. Surely someone has one of these PSG1's.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I worked phones, sent emails and begged to get a A1 and after 6 years of searching it finally happened. I am willing to hunt for one for how ever long it takes.

All I ask for is for someone to guide me in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have a very large collection of PSG1 information, manuals, parts lists etc..

None so far have mentioned anything about a "match" PSG1 or a wooden stock or handgard option or part number. I stll have several boxes to look through though.

G3K please if you know anything about this chime in.

Looks like your collection needs adding to!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts