HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the site and i have searched for two days with no luck finding a thread to my question so I appolagize if there is.
Just purchased a Magpul PRS stock to put on my PTR 32. Simple enough to understand. I took off my factory stock, took off the two screws holding the buffer in place and installed parts into new stock.
Then i see on the instructions there should have been a long screw in the back of the factory stock going into the back of the buffer. I'm assuming this is for another model of hk because the ptr 32 does not have this.
My question is will the weapon work on this prs stock with no screw in the back like the factory stock or do I need to use a different buffer?
I appolagize for my lack of knowledge ahead of time. This is my first H&K weapon.
Thanks for looking. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
It will be fine. The factory H&K stocks use the 3 screws to mount the buffer while the PTR only uses 2. If you can get a 3rd one in the magpul, go for it, but if its just the 2 you will be fine anyway

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info SWolf. I talked to a gunsmith today about it and he confirmed it doesnt affect the performance of the weapon. It just insures that the stock is on tight. He said the newer clones were shipped without and that by me adding a magpul prs stock allows me to add a bolt if i want.
I will be adding this bolt on my ptr 32 along with some other mods when they come in.
Installing a surplus metal lower, surplus german claw, picatinney rails for the forearm, PRS1 german grip with palm shelf ( found on gunbroker.com) scope and bipod.
I will upload a pic when complete.
I will pass along this info when I see another similar post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts