HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got my PTR-32 back from Ghillie who did his mods. Took her out today with the ole sear to see how she'd run. Used cheap steel ammo. Did 3 mag dumps for a total of about 80 rounds. Ran flawlessly. Very smooth and slow feeling ROF (compared to my MP5, 33, etc,etc) which seems about perfect as far as I'm concerned.

I tried and failed in my attempts to pre-load up some of the Bulgarian 75 round drums I also picked up. That's be a whole 'nother non-HK thread---Dude....I hate those drums! Sheet metal finger eaters. This was my first experience ever with them. I was expecting the ease and approx quality of the 50 rnders I use on my 91....boy was I in for a $70 surprise. I just packed them back up. I'll need remedial drum loading 101 class from someone before I attempt it again. Seems like I'd spend more 100000x time loading those finger eating than shooting them...so I threw them back in the safe and just took the Tapco plastic 30 rnd mag.

-HH

https://picasaweb.google.com/rhoust...authkey=Gv1sRgCMydwOL5mZKYnAE&feat=directlink

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
The vid should been named "How to load a Chinese type AK-47 Drum magazine". The Bulgarian, Russian, etc do not load that way and frankly, are a comparative bitch to load.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Thanks for the videos. That one is definitely on the "must have" list.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I also sent my PTR-32 to Ghillie for work, as I just couldn't get the damn thing to run on full-auto. Having had it back for a while now, I have been remiss in not expressing my total satisfaction with my interaction with Ghilliebear. I'm almost tempted to break the thing just to have an excuse to deal with him again.

The man is an absolute joy to work with. Great customer service, fast turnaround, and work that is done right the first time. What more could you ask for? My PTR-32 has been running flawlessly since it came back, breaking eardrums and blinding people all around me. I love it!

Jeff- thank you!

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you get the pistol version?
Yes. The pistol. Bought from CDDN or whatever that TX gun joint is called.
Buttplate & Stock= ACE I think
Ghillie cut down the carrier that came w the gun.
I also bought two drums from CDDN...advertised as "Asian" which I had been
told run well. Alas, they are crappy American drum designs/specs built in Korea or
something. Couldn't get them to run. Got another pair of "Bulgarian " drums.
Haven't tried them yet personally but GB ran them in the gun fine.

HH

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Ghillie that guy does not know his drum from a hole in the ground.. two major points need to be made from this guy who has had Chinese drums (75, 100 and a 120 rd 5.56 AR drum) for 25 + years and I actually read the factory instructions which I still have somewhere

NEVER EVER just release that spring with the button without wearing a pair of leather gloves and holding the windup key to slowly release the pressure.. sudden full release can damage the flat coil spring

Next you always count the clicks when winding so not as to overdo it.. 18 or 19 for semi auto fire and 22 or 23 is recommended for full auto

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HH

What is the barrel length on yours? Around the same as a HK53 ~ 8.5"?

Looks like you need to include a tripod or camera man in the shooting kit ...
tape measure of the outside stock extended = 34" and 24" folded. BBL = 8.375". Weight 7.55# without the stock.

-HH

ps: and yes...it can be problematic to find a nearby tree branch to sit the live camera on when shooting. hah

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the drum vid and advice

obviously i'm not an ak47 dude (yet). but i knew when to stop while i was ahead and ditch the drum for a mag for the sake of time. i had only time to run drop 3 mags that afternoon.

i get it now after watching the vid and will be careful unlocking that internal spring. I was trying to turn that drum center itself with the drum still open while trying to hold back the spring pressure and add rounds. crap was slopping around everywhere and i like having 10 fingers so i let it be...

-hh

1 - 15 of 15 Posts