HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the PTR-32's magazine are a little loose in the receiver, I'm just wonder if you should have both left - right, and front to back play? The left to right isn't too bad, but the front to back movement is quite a bit. I'm planning on sending it over to Jeff and I know that he can do something to take the play out, I was just wondering if that is what other -32's are like. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, so I can't say if it functions, but with so much play at the top / rear of the magazine I was wondering about feeding problems.

Thanks as always!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I only use the synthetics and so far they've all been very snug, with no cycling malfunctions of any kind.

·
Registered
207 Posts
No. The only thing that I had to do when I first got the rifle was to very slightly tilt the mag from side to side as I inserted it into the mag well. It was so tight that the synthetic mag wouldn't go into the mag well. No wobbles in any direction and the mags are very snug.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
The Tapcos seem to work better for me than metal mags. But even with the Tapco's I had to dremel off a touch of "rim" on either side of the mag to allow it to lock in place. Ghillie crimped the sides of the magwell after doing a drum cut. That makes it tight. I bet a slight crimp on yours would take care of the looseness but if you arent having lokcing or feeding issues...I wouldnt mess with it.

just my 2 cents.

hh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts