HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PTR had limited production of the PTR 32 series in early 2016 to institute a few improvements to the series . The process took a bit longer than expected due to growth of sales for the PTR 91 .308 Rifles absorbing most of their time. After extensive testing we are happy to see the new shipments of the PTR 32 series starting to arrive. Here are a few pics of these 2017 beauty's and you should start to see them slowy start to show up at the various PTR retailers .

1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PTR worked on improving the mag well design thus increasing the ability for the 32 series to work with a wider variety of AK47 magazines . I am sorry not sure exactly when the pistols will roll out but would hope to see them in the next 6 -8 weeks. We are just happy to see the rifles finally released . In the last 8 -12 months PTR has gone through a major Growth / Maturation phase with a restructuring of administrative staffing, New Production and QC procedures &investment in equipment . I think there will be a lot of positive things to see out of PTR over the next 1- 2 years !!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Congrats on what could (should) be a great addition to the roller lock family. I hope the new models perform more consistently as a sear host than my gen 2 32P. One of only 2 lemons / money pits in my collection. Probably just drew the short straw as I hear of lots of shooters have great experiences. Best.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Congrats on what could (should) be a great addition to the roller lock family. I hope the new models perform more consistently as a sear host than my gen 2 32P. One of only 2 lemons / money pits in my collection. Probably just drew the short straw as I hear of lots of shooters have great experiences. Best.
Agreed. I could never get mine to run properly as a sear host (it ran great in semi-auto), so I pulled the full auto bolt, put the semi back in and sold the whole thing off. I certainly hope these news one run better. I'd love to get a working 7.62x39 sear host.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,194 Posts
Agreed. I could never get mine to run properly as a sear host (it ran great in semi-auto), so I pulled the full auto bolt, put the semi back in and sold the whole thing off. I certainly hope these news one run better. I'd love to get a working 7.62x39 sear host.
This exactly what I did as well mine was a Gen 1.5 ran fine in semi sold to someone here who only wanted semi............I reached out to Atlantic about support for new one on F/A lets just say I wont be buying one no assurances, I am sure CS w/Atlantic is fine but I went round an round w/PTR's CS left a pretty bad taste in me, wish they would have kept same design as Gen 1 looks better and seems to have run in F/A......

·
Registered
415 Posts
We can tell you they run fine in semi auto but can not gurantee full auto assurance , I see others posting pic and videos running their 32 with sear packs but not sure if they did anything special to make it happen .Hopefully other members will chime in and let us know .
There is probably more discussion on this topic on the Board than you really want to hear. The official line "cannot guarantee full auto" is a bit of a rub for many of us sear owners since it's something we typically expect (and get) from most clones (including PTR 91's I understand). More than a few of us have invested hundreds (including the "F/A carrier" from PTR) trying to get them to run right (because who wouldn't want a 7.63x39 sear host). Been a bit of a mixed bag in terms of our success which is a bit of a sore spot - at least for me. That said Atlantic - not your issue so much as it is PTR's. Didn't mean to throw your thread off track - good luck with the intro. Matt

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
There is probably more discussion on this topic on the Board than you really want to hear. The official line "cannot guarantee full auto" is a bit of a rub for many of us sear owners since it's something we typically expect (and get) from most clones (including PTR 91's I understand). More than a few of us have invested hundreds (including the "F/A carrier" from PTR) trying to get them to run right (because who wouldn't want a 7.63x39 sear host). Been a bit of a mixed bag in terms of our success which is a bit of a sore spot - at least for me. That said Atlantic - not your issue so much as it is PTR's. Didn't mean to throw your thread off track - good luck with the intro. Matt
This.

My PTR 91 GI runs like a champ in full auto with the PTR full auto carrier and with my UB training bolt and DAG plastic ammo. That seems to be par for the course from what I've read. But I guess the PTR 32s are simply a way different beast and just won't run right. Until they do, I'm not interested in taking another $1000+ chance on finding a "good one".

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,703 Posts
I've seen this issue before on the 32 platform. Re-timed hammers make a difference on your sear packs.

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
I thought mine worked fine in FA but it's been a long time since I shot it. Not sure if I was shooting it with the regular or retimed hammer. Maybe I'll have to dig it out of the safe and try it out again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts