HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the fence about getting either 8" PTR 51P or 12.7" K3P PDW.
I had great success with PTR32 & 32K and would like to add .308 host to use with my sear pack.
Unfortunately, I could pick-up only one and couldn't decided which one to get...

I like the small MP5 sized 51P with massive fireball and loud noise coming from the short 8" barrel.
However, I'm not a fan of collapsible recoil system used on 51P.
It limits my stock choices like A3, etc.

Also, interested in recently released K3P PDW.
I could use the regular G3 full-auto carrier & A3 stock... that's a big plus for me.
I also like the more useful 12.7" barrel size especially on .308 caliber.

Does anyone have experience with above PTR host guns?
Could you share your story?
Any pros & cons on either platform?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the PTR 32K and it works well with a full-auto carrier and Fleming Sear. (Don't forget to swap out the hammer spring with a G3/91 spring or you will get light primer strikes.) Currently I'm using it with a Sig brace as the stock when I run full-auto, it is controllable and fun to shoot. Ammo is cheaper too.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have an early PTR51 built as a factory SBR. While I agree with the assessment regarding the recoil rod there are plenty of folks out there that can modify your A3 stock to work. As far as my experience with the gun, it has always run perfect with or without my sear. Great gun to shoot and tons of fun.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Had the similar choice recently. Wanted a 308 sear host to go with the 5k training rounds that I purchased last year.
Ended up with a PCS Guilli G3k build. Haven't shot it yet.

Went w/ the G3K for several reasons.
1.51 was cool, but already have a 53 host.
2.training bolt fits G3K with no modification. Would need to modify for 51 build
3.It's my only 308, figured that a G3k style would be more practical...51 more of a noise maker. I did get a PRS stock for use w/ my pack
4. Always wanted an Hk w/ bipod like the 80's ads...pretty mall ninja reasoning, but middle aged me is indulging 14 year old me lol.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Had the similar choice recently. Wanted a 308 sear host to go with the 5k training rounds that I purchased last year.
Ended up with a PCS Guilli G3k build. Haven't shot it yet.

Went w/ the G3K for several reasons.
1.51 was cool, but already have a 53 host.
2.training bolt fits G3K with no modification. Would need to modify for 51 build
3.It's my only 308, figured that a G3k style would be more practical...51 more of a noise maker. I did get a PRS stock for use w/ my pack
4. Always wanted an Hk w/ bipod like the 80's ads...pretty mall ninja reasoning, but middle aged me is indulging 14 year old me lol.
Been trying to find a sear that is not at an astronomical price..... where did you find yours? did it cost around the price of a new BMW? :(

·
Registered
188 Posts
i have both the k3p and 51p from atlantic and they are equally amazing! But as Hill Raiser mentioned, getting a training bolt (and 22 conversion) working in the 51 is a bit more involved- but that may not be a concern for you. Another factor is if you are going to run a suppressor, the shortest barrel length that some manufacturers will support is 12.5". I bought both thinking i would easily be able to pick a favorite but that has not been the case!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts