HKPRO Forums banner

PTR 91 A3 R bolt service?

1678 11
I am considering getting one of the PTR 91s and understand they are pretty reliable compared to some of today's .308 rifles.
I'm new to roller lock guns and just got an SP5K
My question is, how often do these rollers or bolts need to be serviced
I'm sure I can find cleaning and maintenance videos but wanted to get an idea of how long they will run before service/ new bolt

Thanks
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,143 Posts
The only real common wear item on the bolt is the "extractor spring" as HK didn't limit the travel and a miss feed is most likely going to over extend it and ruin the spring. Always a good idea to keep several spare springs on hand. The spring from the .308 rifle is stronger then the 9mm and is a direct replacement.

· Registered
1,143 Posts
Cool, thanks for the advice!
Shouldn't the PTR 91 come with a.308 extractor spring?...
Either way I will source a few and get them just in case I break one.
Yes the PTR will come with the .308 spring, my comment was aimed at your SP5K as they have the same issue with extractor springs and the .308 spring fits it.

The springs don't "break" they just get hyper-extended and thus loose tension on the extractor. It is something you should check after any miss feed. If you can easily wiggle the extractor with your finger the spring is toast.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.