HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just got my first HK clone, a PTR 91F yesterday. Can't wait to shoot it as its my first .308 rifle as well. I've read the break down guide that comes with it, but wondered if anyone could direct me to a step by step with good pics or a good video of how to disasseble and, more importantly, re-assemble to bolt properly.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Thanks Aviator Dave! Now the $64 question, can you provide a link with photos and instructions for removal of the extractor and extractor spring?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
Thanks Aviator Dave! Now the $64 question, can you provide a link with photos and instructions for removal of the extractor and extractor spring?

Thanks.
That one's easy - insert an awl into the loop on the end of the extractor spring and rotate the spring over 180 degrees. Then just slide it forward. The extractor will slide right out.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
Thank for the link! Hopefully I will get this right someday..LOL
You will. The key to it all is getting the locking piece turned at the right angle, and then getting the spring-loaded locking lever in the carrier pushed into the groove at what will be the bottom of the bolt head. The groove is at the bottom of a ramped surface that goes up to the top of the bolt head.

The first time I took mine apart, I thought - holy crap! How does this $&$#^## thing go back together? Then I thought that if it came apart with that little force, it had to go back together with a similar force. Now I don't even think about it.

Once you get it the first time, it'll be one of those "Jeez, that was easy" moments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts