HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of "pulling the trigger" on one of these, was curious about the QC on production. Anyone have thoughts or experience? The parkerized classic look is the way to go IMO with out the welded rail. I may change the furniture. Are the furniture on these H&K surplus? How modular are they with surplus parts?

Sent from my Nexus 5X

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I just picked up a GI a few weeks ago. I had one QC issue with the mag release and the cocking tube slightly off center, but sent the rifle back on PTR's dime and they corrected the issues immediately. PTR has excellent support and they will take care of any problems you might encounter with their product. Other than that, the rifles overall quality is superb. Mine came with surplus green G3 furniture which was in nice shape, but I switched it out to some wood that I had. All HK91 and G3 parts and accessories will fit, minus the flashhider which has a thread pitch of 5/8X24.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just picked up a GI a few weeks ago. I had one QC issue with the mag release and the cocking tube slightly off center, but sent the rifle back on PTR's dime and they corrected the issues immediately. PTR has excellent support and they will take care of any problems you might encounter with their product. Other than that, the rifles overall quality is superb. Mine came with surplus green G3 furniture which was in nice shape, but I switched it out to some wood that I had. All HK91 and G3 parts and accessories will fit, minus the flashhider which has a thread pitch of 5/8X24.
Awesome, I think I'm going to go with it, beautiful rifle.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I ordered one, will ship next week. I bought the ptr 91 special edition GI, has no rail and has a paddle mag release with a metal lower with three position selector, I'll post pictures here when I get it. I'm so stoked 😁

Sent from my Nexus 5X

·
Registered
22 Posts
I picked up a PTR 91 GI R a couple weeks ago, had zero problems with it at the range, already have a scope on it, new muzzle brake, prs2 stock, have a green wide handguard in the mail, and a extended charging handle on the way as well. Its a fun gun to shoot.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked up a PTR 91 GI R a couple weeks ago, had zero problems with it at the range, already have a scope on it, new muzzle brake, prs2 stock, have a green wide handguard in the mail, and a extended charging handle on the way as well. Its a fun gun to shoot.
Mine should have a threaded barrel shouldn't it?

Sent from my Nexus 5X

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love classic rifles. My Christmas gift this year was a PTR GI (non-rail) with a clipped and pinned trigger housing I added.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have another question, how many flutes does a current model GI have? I heard 11 and 12. I hope they are 12 as the original had.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just looked at the non railed PTR91 GI on atlantic firearms and it says its a threaded 5/8x24 threaded barrel
That's awesome, I will get an original flash hider unless it comes with one, I wonder if it has 12 flutes like the original.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
That's awesome, I will get an original flash hider unless it comes with one, I wonder if it has 12 flutes like the original.

Sent from my Nexus 5X
It will come with a flash hider. Due to the change to 5/8x24 threads (gives a MUCH wider variety to choose from) an original HK flash hider (15x1) won't fit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts