Registered
303 Posts
Is it threaded?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it threaded?

No it is not threaded and I had read somewhere that a press on type is available but haven't had the time to search. Thanks, John.

·
Registered
732 Posts
You might find that having it threaded in an AR15 pattern will open the door to you for a number of accessories that you won't be able to use with the standard thread pitch for the HK91. The expense is minimal to have a gunsmith cut and thread your barrel for you.

Just my .02

·
Registered
303 Posts
No it is not threaded and I had read somewhere that a press on type is available but haven't had the time to search. Thanks, John.
Jayson Cotter sells and installs the press on Flash Hiders for the PTR91. If it was my rifle I would skip the press on and for a little more have him thread it 5/8X24tpi. This is the standard thread for .308/7.62 and will let you install a bunch of different aftermarket .308/7.62 brakes, flash hiders, and sound suppressors if it is legal in your state.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I purchased a flash hider from Jayson Cotter the website is www.investmentgradefirearms.com . My PTR had the muzzle brake also, but the barrel was threaded. When was yours made, it may have the threaded barrel? If not it would probably be worth getting it threaded so you have more options.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I purchased a flash hider from Jayson Cotter the website is www.investmentgradefirearms.com . My PTR had the muzzle brake also, but the barrel was threaded. When was yours made, it may have the threaded barrel? If not it would probably be worth getting it threaded so you have more options.
I am pretty sure his is just a crowned barrel with out any muzzle attachments.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Here's a pic of a KA-1830 we installed awhile back on an HK91 target barrel

Here's a pic of a KA-1230 before going to the park tanks

The KA-1830 brake is more effective at cutting recoil but it doesn't do much flash reduction. The KA-1230 is a hybrid that reduces recoil and flash. The KA-1830 is built to custom fit your barrel and requires threading the barrel. The KA-1230 can be crosspinned or threaded so it can be installed on threaded or bare barrels

1 - 8 of 8 Posts