HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TCR39 sent me this article to scan and post - so credit goes to him. He also sent me a Shotgun News review which covers the PTR91 rifles with 10 flutes and goes into much more detail, which I will be posting shortly. Thanks for your patience TCR39.

This is from when PTR-91 Inc. was still J.L.D. Enterprises. It states that JLD purchased the HK-licensed FMP weapons plant from the Portuguese government in 2003.

Target Tested, Shooter Approved
An American-Made G-3 Clone, The PTR-91 Fighting Rifle Makes the Grade

Tactical Gear magazine, Winter 2005

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4504/tacticalgear1.jpg
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1838/tacticalgear2.jpg

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
The shotgun news article was what got me to save up for the ptr. I really liked the pictures and the ability to change all sorts of components, they do shoot and group pretty well. Especially after my Century C-91 experience 10 years ago, wich I did get functioning flawless after de-bugging it. I finally got my PTR in july 07' and have been happy ever since.But this was before the flute problems arose. I,m glad I bought a JLD A# atleast. Someday I will buy a real german HK91. In this economy, for a cement finisher in florida with what they pay people here lately;its going to be a long,long,long,long time before I can spend $2500 on a rifle. Thanks ANDREW, glad your still keeping the history of these magnificent rifles alive. Tommorrow I get my ghillie build back, I,ll try to post pics and some range reports;but I still do not know how to post pics. Again ,I,m a gun toting concrete finisher that plays the DRUMS. Never learned computers. But,I can field strip many weapoms in seconds. Have fun guys. ENJOY your hobby.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT FMP Build man. I'm excited for ya!

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT FMP Build man. I'm excited for ya!
Someday when my sister who lives 18 hours away comes over and shows me how to post pictures. Thanks Jon, I,ll try my best. I,m mostly hoping it shoots straight, I dont care about finnish and all that non-sense. I may krylon the phukin thing anyway. I just sanded the back of the green slim forarm a little and got it to slip right on,excellent with all green furniture.The aluminium forarm is a little tight and slightlypushes the cocking tube up into the triple tree a tiny bit,but I,ll sand the back of it also. Paddle mag is flawless, no rattle,clip&pin is perfect, excellent job. He ground the sides of the shelf a little more so that I didnt get paper thin ears, He left some of the meat still on the ears; excellent. Black park is awesome and the lower fits nice and tight. Mags fit perfect. Everything is nice and straight, no canting. I just want to make sure it shoots straight sunday with some "DAG" gone ammo.LOL I am very very happy with this rifle,it looks like an FMP G-3. Cool as hell man. I,m going to put an A-3 slider on it"not for comfort, thats for sure" and a B&T short scope mount. I need an IGF U.S. flash hider and I,m good to go. Then maybe, god willing; the new 1.5-8x32 IOR/vadada scope that is kick butt man. $1300. " Ouch I,m just dreaming,trust me. Any who, I think GHILLIE is the go to guy on these rifles,he had it back in a week, thats pretty good for a guy that just got out of the hospital; I couldn,t be happier. He nailed it. A+

1 - 4 of 4 Posts