HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking over youtube today to find this video of the PTR-91 rifle being played with in the mud have a look.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Testament to the rugged design of these rifles, 2nd only to the AK in dependability. Now clean that rifle up Dude!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Very cool test, but at the same time you'd NEVER see me doing that to any of my firearms.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Love my roller locked goodness

·
Registered
754 Posts
I like the part where he "cleans" it out with muddy water. It's a good testament to the reliability of the roller- locked guns.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Don't know what reliability ya'll are talking about but I call it just shy of a miserable failure. Just shy only because he restored it's function with water, albeit muddy water. Fun to watch but I'm not impressed. Camera guy sucks too, all shakey and screwing around.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Don't know what reliability ya'll are talking about but I call it just shy of a miserable failure. Just shy only because he restored it's function with water, albeit muddy water. Fun to watch but I'm not impressed. Camera guy sucks too, all shakey and screwing around.
No gun is going to work well if at all after you put mud in the chamber

·
Banned
879 Posts
Even an AK will fail under those conditions.

There is a difference between a legit, hard use under normal/abnormal conditions "torture test" and an "Abusing the gun for no good reason torture test".

People seem to forget this.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Even an AK will fail under those conditions.

There is a difference between a legit, hard use under normal/abnormal conditions "torture test" and an "Abusing the gun for no good reason torture test".

People seem to forget this.
Excellent point.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I had a Seal once tell me that only three weapons can come out firing from the boiling mixture of salt water and sand during a beach a landing. The AK, the HK, and the M14. In that order.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Their money, let em do what they want. I definitely don't have the money to burn and test a rifle like that.

·
Banned
879 Posts
Their money, let em do what they want.
No one is sayin' they can't.

At the same time though, freedom of speech says that we get to call them morons for doing it.

Just sayin'..... :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts