HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently purchased an older PTR PDW (I've seen it as PTR-91 or PTR PDW).
Later versions of the PTR-91 PDW (now called the "51P PDWR PTR 110" or "PDWR PTR 105", which have a buffer-tube adapter/sling mount) but this earlier version only has a sling-mount/"rubber club" and I believe it is threaded for some older incarnations of a brace-adapter/buffer-tube adapter)
I am looking to mount an SB Tactical brace, and am looking at the two parts I think I need on HK Parts:
  1. PTR PDW Backplate With Recoil Rod - HKParts (backplate/recoil spring assembly)
  2. AR Stock Adapter & Buffer Tube For HK- Mil-Spec - HKParts (buffer-tube adapter, appears to push into the socket on the backplate adapter)
I am curious if these two parts are what I need to mount my brace? Or if I need anything else?
I examined the current backplate-recoil spring assembly and it appears to be extruded rubber that cannot be removed - and I do not think threading a buffer-tube adapter into the current sling mount threading is the way I want to go as it seems a little narrow for the kind of recoil shock pressure

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have the same version. All you need is #2, the stock adapter. The sling swivel threads into the rear of the buffer, just as a stock screw would do on a rifle. Unscrew it, unscrew the two screws inside the backplate. Remove the housing attached to the backplate. Install your stock adapter, buffer tube and brace. Done!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same version. All you need is #2, the stock adapter. The sling swivel threads into the rear of the buffer, just as a stock screw would do on a rifle. Unscrew it, unscrew the two screws inside the backplate. Remove the housing attached to the backplate. Install your stock adapter, buffer tube and brace. Done!
Awesome! I'll give it a shot! It did seem pretty snug. I'll have to unscrew the swing swivel as well. You saved me literally was in the process of buying #1 off gunbroker!

·
Registered
239 Posts
It will work.

Before:

After:

Unfortunately, I couldn't use the Law Tactical folder with the new setup as the pistol's buffer housing intrudes into the buffer tube (you'll see when you get your adapter installed) and it interfered with the folding mechanism.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just ordered the ptr pdw backplate with recoil rod from HK parts. They sent me the wrong part because it has a 2 piece recoil rod and not the correct one piece rod. It also would not fit on the PDW and appears to be used from the marks on it.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I just ordered the ptr pdw backplate with recoil rod from HK parts. They sent me the wrong part because it has a 2 piece recoil rod and not the correct one piece rod. It also would not fit on the PDW and appears to be used from the marks on it.
On the PDWs from PTR you need to look at which one you have. The 12" barrel uses the conventional recoil rod, while the 8" barrel uses the 2-piece telescoping type recoil rod. For whatever reason they (PTR) call both of them PDWs, and you have to know which model you have to get the right one. You're not the only one to have done that, and when I was putting my G3K clone build together I nearly ordered the wrong one. After some research and questions here and on another board I was able to figure out which one I needed to order.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On the PDWs from PTR you need to look at which one you have. The 12" barrel uses the conventional recoil rod, while the 8" barrel uses the 2-piece telescoping type recoil rod. For whatever reason they (PTR) call both of them PDWs, and you have to know which model you have to get the right one. You're not the only one to have done that, and when I was putting my G3K clone build together I nearly ordered the wrong one. After some research and questions here and on another board I was able to figure out which one I needed to order.
Yea. thats it. they keep saying it is the right one and the picture on the site is of the right one but I need the G3K version. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts