HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a sight adjustment tool recently and watched a video on how to use it, a few weeks ago I had some needle nose pliers and a buddy of mine adjusted the rear sight by turning the drum, I told him that you should turn the outside to adjust it, but he insisted on rotating the center, does it matter? I don't want to mess it up :(

Sent from my Nexus 5X

·
Registered
486 Posts
The center is used to zero the rifle at a specific range. You set your drum at say 2 and shoot at a known range of 200 meters. If the point of impact is high or low from the point of aim then you use the tool or pliers to squeeze in the detents and turn the inner drum, up or down while holding the outer drum in place. Once zeroed you should never have to mess with it again unless you use ammo with a different bullet weight. Sights are calibrated for 147grain 7.62x51 NATO ball ammo.

Here is a tutorial on how you adjust the sight in detail How to adjust the sights of your HK rifle © Heckler & Koch Gmbh/mg-42.net 2001-2006

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
The center is used to zero the rifle at a specific range. You set your drum at say 2 and shoot at a known range of 200 meters. If the point of impact is high or low from the point of aim then you use the tool or pliers to squeeze in the detents and turn the inner drum, up or down while holding the outer drum in place. Once zeroed you should never have to mess with it again unless you use ammo with a different bullet weight. Sights are calibrated for 147grain 7.62x51 NATO ball ammo.

Here is a tutorial on how you adjust the sight in detail How to adjust the sights of your HK rifle © Heckler & Koch Gmbh/mg-42.net 2001-2006
This is why I tell people to not waste money buying the sight tool.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Thank you, so he was doing it correctly then by holding the outside and rotating the center drum?

Sent from my Nexus 5X

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes, it was hitting about a foot low. We zeroed out at 35 yards with the number 2 aperture.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I kind of dig the all in one function, and who knows I may get an MP5 clone :)
You still aren't going to be adjusting the sight all the time, ala an AR. It is basically one and done for an HK.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You still aren't going to be adjusting the sight all the time, ala an AR. It is basically one and done for an HK.
That's good to know it stays zero, I'll just keep it in my range bag. You never know when someone else might need it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
True but a $.99 pair of needlenose pliers does the same job just as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts