HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I just have a quick stroy and question that I hope you guys can help me with. I just purchased a new PTR 91 with the folding stock. Now I wanted a fixed stock, however the shop had only this one in stock and I could wait no longer to get my hands on one of these rifles, so I bought it. Once I got home I jumped on to PTR's site and ordered the fixed stock and buttplate for $49. Now when I installed the stock instead of installing the old style recoil assembly that is common on the fixed stocks, I modified the rubber recoil buffer that went along with the folding stock so that it is in the same postion it would have been had I left the folding stock installed but is now also up against the forward end of the fixed stock. This seemed like a good idea last night when I was putting it together, but the more I thougt about it today the more I was second guessing myself. So my question here is if anyone had done something like this or had done this how well it worked, if at all? I also wonder if it would be a good idea to scrape this plan and install the old style recoil assembly?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I had a folding stock as well, and changed it like you did, I'd put the standard recoil buffer in the stock.. I don't think that piece of rubber is going to do much as a recoil buffer, and (I'm guessing here) possibly damage your backplate and stock..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly what I was thinking after looking at it and having thought about (obsessively) all day. Thanks for the quick reply! :740:

·
Registered
589 Posts
A pic might help. I haven't seen PTR's folder, but I do have a fixed with a rubber buffer in it (POS, btw. The one in my HK A3 stock is waaaaay better). A look at yours and I'd be able to tell you if it looked OEM or not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I managed to get hold of an old OD G3 stock (complete assembly) from a guy at work who had no plans for it disassembled it and transplanted the recoil assembly into the new stock set. Which I think is the better way to operate. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts