HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PTR-91 PSG-1 Clone

Affordable alternative to PSG-1. Inspired by a post of robfurrow. I'm waiting on a barrel extension like his. Also wanting to put on the PSG-1 forearm but don't understand exactly what that requires, rails? a trunnion adjustment? removal of the triple frame front sight?

It appears that the barrel is already free floating. With the dust cap removed you can see the cocking tube isn't actually attached to the triple frame assembly and the original handguard on the ptr's doesn't touch the barrel.

Comments, questions, suggestions, or wisdom particularly on the forearm issue would be much appreciated. Hope you all like the pics.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice rifle!

You could have a TN cocking tube extension added to your rifle, that would be one of the only ways to use a PSG-1 handguard (longer then standard G3). Problem is that you will still have the rear iron sight weldment on your reciever and be forced to partially refinish the rifle. It boils down to how close is close enough... In my case, I ened up building the rifle over three times until I was happy.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
For me, one of the neatest things about the PSG-1 has to be the way it looks in that custom case. I really didn't think my clone would be complete until I had one for it. I think this is as far as I'll go on this clone, being that I can return the ptr to it's original configuration if I want. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get a .22 conversion kit for it too since I'd really like to shoot it more!

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
anyone know how to make the pics you post normal size?
Cick on an image until it's full size. Then right click on the image and select Copy Image Location. Paste that link into the post using the image icon in the editor. If you use the default links they give you, then it will show a thumbnail.

The image url should look like this: http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/9641/p7210009.jpg

If it has a "th" in the image name, then that is a thumbnail.

p7210009.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts