HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just bought me a new PTR 91 and I like the rifle a lot but I want a little lighter trigger pull. Can anyone tell me where I can find a good drop in trigger group or where I could send the rifle to get a trigger job done. I am new to the world of HK and I am afraid I don't know much.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Hi everyone. I just bought me a new PTR 91 and I like the rifle a lot but I want a little lighter trigger pull. Can anyone tell me where I can find a good drop in trigger group or where I could send the rifle to get a trigger job done. I am new to the world of HK and I am afraid I don't know much.

Thanks
Billspringfield trigger work,he takes away the 2 stage slack and makes it a single stage; very nice.He,s in colorado springs,Colorado. $55 and he will make it about 4lbs with the PTr u.s. trigger spring you probably have.I have 2 already. He will have it back in a week to ya.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never shipped a firearm. Whats the best way to do it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, I was hoping I could just do something like that. I really wouldn't want to ship the whole gun. Also how do I find out if my PTR is one of the ones with a bad carrier group? Any idea?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
The carrier isn,t the issue,its the U.S. bolt heads that seem to be out of spec. with the U.S. trunions they use. If your bolt gap is higher than .011, then your OK. But,if bolt gap shrinks fast,then you may want an HK locking piece, an HK/POF/EBO/FMP bolt head and possibly some bigger +2 rollers. Tell me what your serial# is and what the markings are on your bolt head.They had some rifles built with to big of barrel pins and some trunions have cracked and bolt gaps have shrank drastically. Good news is,They have a lifetime warranty if your rifle has any issues.Let me know

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put 40 rounds through it today. First time I have fired it and measured the gap afterwards at .016. When I bought the rifle I ordered some spare parts a spare firing pin and spring. An hk locking piece and +2 rollers. My serial # is AW9433 and the markings are PTR 10-11.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i lightened the trigger on mine to about 2/3 of the original pull weight and took about 80% of the creep out ....

its not that bad to do just be careful ,,, as the very first one i did on my 91 about 15 years ago had a bad habit of double taping

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i lightened the trigger on mine to about 2/3 of the original pull weight and took about 80% of the creep out ....

its not that bad to do just be careful ,,, as the very first one i did on my 91 about 15 years ago had a bad habit of double taping
I like this guy :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts