HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm looking to get a PTR very soon

And my local shop has a used GI model

Is the only difference between the GI and F the flutes?

I want it to be reliable and have the ability tshoot brass and steel...

Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
The differences are the Fs are powder coated black the GIs are straight parked and the Fs have a straight heavy barrel profile vs the GIs have the tapered HK profile. Other than that its just furniture. The days of the GIs being more ammo tolerant are long gone all PTRs shoot anything now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thank you! I still like the look of the "slab side" ? Hand guards the ones with no holes that the Bipod can fit on

Does anyone know what that type that hand guard is called and if genuine HK ones available
Also a pinned/ clipped steel HK lower would be cool

It seems these parts are "readily" available and everywhere but I can't find them.
I've tried Robert RTG and HK parts all they have are full auto lowers but none pinned.
Any source I can buy both that you know of would be helpful...

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Let me recommend the slab sided or tropical hand guard over the narrow hand guard. The narrow hand guard gets hot as hell after repeated shots. The tropical hand guard can be bought on RTG parts or you can buy it already installed on anew PTR 91 A3R from Atlantic Firearms which is also equipped with a paddle mag release and a 1913 rail for about a $1000. I do not think these tropical hand guards are original HK, but I'm happy with mine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Great, thank you! I still like the look of the "slab side" ? Hand guards the ones with no holes that the Bipod can fit on

Does anyone know what that type that hand guard is called and if genuine HK ones available
Also a pinned/ clipped steel HK lower would be cool

It seems these parts are "readily" available and everywhere but I can't find them.
I've tried Robert RTG and HK parts all they have are full auto lowers but none pinned.
Any source I can buy both that you know of would be helpful...

Thanks
I think you are referring to wide style hand guards. They are still available in black but the greens have largely dried up. As for the metal grip housings they have been hard to get recently. I had to stalk hk parts for a couple months to grab one when they restocked.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Let me recommend the slab sided or tropical hand guard over the narrow hand guard. The narrow hand guard gets hot as hell after repeated shots. The tropical hand guard can be bought on RTG parts or you can buy it already installed on anew PTR 91 A3R from Atlantic Firearms which is also equipped with a paddle mag release and a 1913 rail for about a $1000. I do not think these tropical hand guards are original HK, but I'm happy with mine.
Go with the wide handguard. I prefer the look and heat resistance as well, thet are theones that take the HK bipod as well.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
I have one of the American Eagle chambered limited edition rifles. It is vastly superior to these "shoot anything" versions of today. It can reliably shoot .0001MOA. Mine was owned by Chuck Norris and two members of Seal Team 6. It's the gun that they killed Osama with.

But because I'm feeling generous today, I'll make you a special offer. I'll trade you dead even for a PTR91 GI. You'll be the envy of everybody around.

Limited time only.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sounds like an awesome deal retrodog PM me and we can strike a deal
Ive always wanted American Eagle norteam 6 osama bin limitedladen edition!

I'm a little surprised...Your figures are off a bit
.00025 is what true gunner claims.

I'm really excited about this! Let's make dreams come true
I'll even kick you some cash :+1:?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts