HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was interested in any opinions, thoughts and advice on turning a Ptr 91KF to an sbr K model. It seems to make sense, cutting and rethreading the barrel and possibly changing the locking piece. The hard part would be locating an OD green wide forearm and the atf approval wait. Also, I would be using it for a shooter so I would not need the true visual authenticity but a close representation. If anyone has first hand experience with this direction I would appreciate the information. Thnx

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I was doing some digging and found some info about this in another post about a K or PDW. Looks like it is a good choice. The one thing left out was if a differnt lockingpiece was needed. So, if anyone has info or advise on that it would be aappreciated.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Usp love your g3k and see the pic come up often when searching. I'm building one right now actually. I see you are using a club foot stock but what cheek piece is that? Looks nice and seems like a perfect height for the scope I am planning on using.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
US Preatorian that is a sweet sbr, did you have to change the locking piece? Thnx for the heads up on the hvy buffer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again U.S. Praetorian, I have a few differnt Hk items but this is the first sbr and want it to function well

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
You may find that your G3k build will run just fine with the stock LP. Mine is built from a real 91 and the standard LP works fine.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Hello, I was interested in any opinions, thoughts and advice on turning a Ptr 91KF to an sbr K model. It seems to make sense, cutting and rethreading the barrel and possibly changing the locking piece. The hard part would be locating an OD green wide forearm and the atf approval wait. Also, I would be using it for a shooter so I would not need the true visual authenticity but a close representation. If anyone has first hand experience with this direction I would appreciate the information. Thnx
I have a "shooter" G3k which was built up the way you are asking. I submitted my Form 1......waited for approval, had the gun engraved and then sent my PTR91KF to M60Joe to have to barrel cut and threaded. M60Joe can do the cut/thread WITHOUT pulling the barrel......which makes for both a much faster turnaround -and- more economical conversion.

A "full treatment" G3k conversion from one of the big shops will run close $1K give or take......going the way you outline should be around $300 give or take.

My "shooter" runs fine with the standard G3 locking piece.....but I typically have this gun set up to run the blue DAG training ammo. The "k" really is the best G3 setup IMO.

HTH

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for all the good info. It seems that the locking piece is not that critical.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, set on this project, ordering a locking piece(just in case), clipped and pinned lower on the way. Going to go with the OD green furniture, I'll post an ad for an OD wde forearm and that's it for parts. The rest in wait time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts