HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
I know where one is locally for $1999. Beats CTD's "low price".

·
Registered
51 Posts
After seeing the prices they charge for ammo. I refuse to purchase anything from them. It doesn't surprise me that they would charge that much for a PTR. They should change there name to "More Expensive than Dirt".

·
Registered
51 Posts
CTD is a known sandbagger and routinely jacks up prices WELL BEYOND current market during times of crisis. During Sandy Hook they did the same thing. I am all for free market but when you have a case of 9mm listed for 1500 when everywhere else is 600-800 it is insane. What I am saying is they are way overpriced even for current market. Then take into account that they cancel orders saying out of stock only to have the item in stock at a much higher price.

Basically they are scum, have been for almost a decade, but people have short memories. They are the worst of the worst.

·
Registered
335 Posts
CTD lost my business when they were charging 2.5 to 5 times the going rate on ammo during the Obama drought.
I have occasionally purchased something from them when they were the only vendor who had it and the price wasn't stupid but since their obvious price gouging ~12 years ago I doubt I've spent $50 there.

Another thing you must be careful of with them is shipping costs. I did a phone order with them one time where I found myself getting charged as much for the shipping as I did for the items in question because they decided to ship it 2nd day FedEx for a pile of stuff I had intended to be slow boated at minimum cost option.

When they come up in a search result I generally look at everything else first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Having dealt with them, I can honestly say they’re name is anything but CTD. It’s sad they refrain from staying competitive even in a pandemic.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I don't purposely avoid them, but they are just about the only big name online gun store I've never purchased from. Never found anything cheap or interesting there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a shame, wayyyyyy back when they started, they were a decent source for unique items at usually reasonable prices. I haven't bought from then since what they did in the Obama ammo panic, I just stumbled across this price when I was looking on gun.deals to see what PTRs were going for. For that price, I would expect a gold-plated one that shoots lasers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
They have got to be friggin' crazy to ask a price like that! Even genuine H&K SP5-PDW's aren't bringing that much even on Gunbroker, (OK there might be rare exceptions), but this is a PTR.

Not to knock PTR, they make some fine firearms (I actually own a 9KT, paid about $1600 for it), but $5500 is outrageous, even in these times. Before I spend that kind of money on a PTR, I would go to Gunbroker and get an HK. I would still be getting hosed at their prices, but at least it would be an authentic HK.

I'd like to know what kind of "Dirt" they are referencing in the name of their company. It must have some gold dust in it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Doing my local rounds ISO a SP5, I just saw a PTR for 1699 on the shelf yesterday. I’d be curious to know if they’ve sold any at that price. I will not buy from CTD

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
$1700 +/- seems to be the going rate if you look online at places like wikiarms. There are usually a few places that have them in stock if you check every few days. For the CTD price, there are multiple real HK's on here in the classified section. CTD is preying on the ignorant, and offending the informed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts