HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You Guys See This Yet? Looks Like They're pulling their act together

From on PTR's Facebook page

PTR would like to take this opportunity to announce that it will be providing a Lifetime Warranty on all PTR manufactured internal parts. This warranty covers all bolt group and trigger group parts manufactured in the U.S. by PTR, and is retroactive – so it may be considered to cover all internal parts manufactured by PTR both before and after this announcement.

Parts covered by the Lifetime Warranty include PTR manufactured parts such as:

- Trunnion

- Bolt-Head

- Bolt Carrier

- Hammer

- Sear

- Trigger

- Trigger Box

This warranty can be further construed to cover any other parts manufactured by PTR within the Bolt Group, and Trigger Group.

We want our customers to rest at ease knowing that their PTR manufactured internals are dependable and designed to last a lifetime. If you have a problem with any of our parts during the life of your rifle, let us know, and we’ll replace or repair it. It’s that simple.

This Lifetime Internal Warranty combined with our new three-year warranty on the full rifle, is just another part of our mission to let our customers know that PTR is determined to stand by its products and its goal to make the best roller-lock rifles on the market today.

The full warranty policy can be viewed here:

http://www.ptr91.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/PTR-Industries-Warranty-Policy.pdf

·
Registered
95 Posts
Saw this today on facebook. I like that fact that this life time warranty could possibly cover parts on rifles that were purchased before this announcement.

Did you also see that PTR-91 Inc. wanted feedback from people about PTR Inc. buidling a HK G41 clone in the price range of $1000-$1500? I hope they make a g41 clone and an hk93 clone. Seems like they have gotten their **** together.

·
Registered
536 Posts
That's great news and considering the help I got on my trunion issue, just what I would expect from them. If they keep this up, and expand their line, I can see a bright future for PTR and roller lock lovers.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Way to go PTR.. I will be buying a GI in the future because of this move. Hope you start making 93s cause that is my next rifle

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I would be all over a well built PTR G41.

HK 93 style/function with STANAG magazines with great quality and warranty, what's not to like?

Winner for sure if built right and at the $1000 PP.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
PTR has always supported everything I purchased from them anyway, but it is nice to see it in writing as well.

·
Registered
536 Posts
G41, does it take the at-15 mag? With standard trigger pack?

Does it interchange with the 33/93 bolt group?

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Bull****. Looks like the crappy barrels were conveniently left off of the list.

·
Registered
924 Posts
This is a big step in the right direction and may well tempt me to part with some cash.
I never bought a ptr because I thought the one year warranty thing was mildly insulting, if Kel Tec is able to offer a lifetime warranty.....

·
Registered
1,836 Posts

Retro, that is a fair comment. The lifetime warranty language for a wear item like a barrel would be tricky for them, but the past fluting issues should be addressed.

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
It ain't that Dawg... they just want to be more like HK and hate you. :biggrin:

Go vote...

·
Registered
85 Posts
My GI (07xx) has been absolutely flawless so far... (past break in and at .011...)

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Remember .011 is on the low side for a factory NEW or 300 rnd fired rifle. Ghillie told me that the HK factory sets theres at .020 and even higher at the factory. For some reason PTR INC. can not get their bolt gaps in SPEC. on a brand new rifle. I have 2 JLD91k,s and one is .015 after 2000 rnds the other is brand new at .018. Why? I just figured out that its probably do to the used trunions not fitting as tight as they were in the first rifle they were in. BUT,if PTR INC. is making U.S. brand new TRUNIONS; then why are the bolt gaps on alot of these newer builds,including many G.I.models; way to low from the factory to be in spec.? I would be pissed if a brand new rifle came with a.011,something isn,t right here.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
My PTR91 started and after 950 rds is still at '15.. I would be very disappointed if it were lower or if it shrunk this soon

·
Registered
85 Posts
Remember .011 is on the low side for a factory NEW or 300 rnd fired rifle. Ghillie told me that the HK factory sets theres at .020 and even higher at the factory. For some reason PTR INC. can not get their bolt gaps in SPEC. on a brand new rifle. i have 2 JLD91k,s and one is .015 after 2000 rnds the other is brand new at .017. Why?
Dunno. Never checked it before, and am a new roller owner. last time I had a G3 the Armorer took care of the details...

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Most people will put a new HK locking piece and some +2 rollers in them as soon as they get it home. RTG parts has both for under $20 bucks. A wise investment if your at .011 brand new. Just sayin.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts