HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 18" PTR does take a standard length wide forearm dosent it? I ordered a wide HK91 forearm and its too short to fit my PTR. I think they sent a 93 handguard instead but I wanted to be sure.

Can anybody m,easure there HK91 wide forearm and tell me the length for me?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
I can assure you that the standard length PTR's are sized the same as the G3/HK91 and they take the same forearms. If the one you have is too short then it is more than likely as you say--for the 93.

My PTR wears a genuine broad forearm from a 91. IMHO, it looks a lot better than the slim forearms.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the only reasonable thing to do is buy another wide handguard for your PTR and buy/save a handguardless 93 to go with the handguard you've already got.:480: Problem solved.:14000000:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thnaks guys

the handguard I have is 12" long and indeed one from a 93. On a positive note its in very nice condition. :)

I contacted the seller but no response as of yet. I may keep it though since I have a V33kp coming in and I know they have non-heatsheilded handguards on them.

but now Im still in the market for a wide 91 handguard.

·
Registered
79 Posts
thnaks guys

the handguard I have is 12" long and indeed one from a 93. On a positive note its in very nice condition. :)

I contacted the seller but no response as of yet. I may keep it though since I have a V33kp coming in and I know they have non-heatsheilded handguards on them.

but now Im still in the market for a wide 91 handguard.
think you can post a few pics of that 93 forearm??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can you use a 93 forearm on a 16" bbl'd PTR? :confused: I think I read somewhere that you could, but it's best to CONFIRM that.

Bob :44:

·
Registered
190 Posts
PTR-91 18" will accept hk-91 wide forearm with no problem. pops right on.
narrow '91 forearm will pop right on also, but without the heat shield installed. ( heavy barrel touches the handguard on the slim-line forearms. and the heatshield makes for a cram-fest ). some people have required fitting on the slim ones, specifically the ears inside the rear need to be lightly sanded for a slide on slide-off no-contact fit.

PTR-91 16" will take hk-93 wide and slim forearms, same deal with heatshield .... my V-93 wide forearm pops right onto my PTR-91 16".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts