HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this new PTR full auto carrier from HKPARTS and it doesn't have the last machine step for the sear trip. I wasn't sure if it was a mistake or left off on purpose. Will this still work or would it throw off the timing, etc?

PTR on the left and German on the right.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I was gonna get one of these too. I do not think it will affect anything but maybe someone else can chime in. I wanted to know if it contains the tungsten inserts

[/QUOTE]

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
The G3 carrier was developed in an era in which many of ther reasons for certain "features" in the products were simply verbally handed down and never documented. As such we can ONLY speculate as to why that cut is there. My opinion is that it assures the trip lever is hit on an even surface and eliminates any chance of premauture catch release... which is VERY important to the Germans.

With the PTR carrier, is it possibe that the outside sloped surface may prematurely trip the catch causing a change in timing however I find it unlikely as there is enough flat surface to release the catch consistently at the correct time. Unlikely yes, impossible no. If you are concerned about it, The additional machining can easily be done by a competant machinist. Just make sure it is not machined too far rearward or else you will retard the timing and run the risk of semi-auto only. If it were mine, I would not worry about it unless I started seeing F/A ROF change intermittemently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts