HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got it running after some false starts (one not PTR's fault, one was PTR's fault). Too much fun to shoot.

Now I take it into the shop to blast, Parkerize, and re-coat.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Nice video, thanks for sharing! My PTR91 has been a lot of fun to shoot...just wish I could shoot it more!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Very nice video and sweet gun. I think it is great that PTR is now offering the 12.5" barrel version of the 91 and the 32. I am currently in the process of trading for a Gen2 PTR32K. I will have an extended flash hider pinned and welded and then add a stock. I am very excited! By the way I like the way you modified the triple tree.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought this as the K3P PDW (pre-factory paddle release) and had a well known HK "smith" type do the trigger, add the paddle mag release and weld on a German steel brass deflector. It was SBR'd and then test fired only to find out that the brass deflector had been welded about 3/8" too far forward and was bouncing ejected brass back into the ejection port.

It took a lot of grinding on the brass deflector and milling it back to almost just the welds to get it to eject properly. But then I found the other issue. The bottom front edge of the bolt was beveled so that the rounds on the right side of the magazine were getting deflected down and not chambering, i.e. failure to feed. Who at PTR thought this was a good idea?

Thankfully I have a PTR GI that didn't have the bevel on the bottom of the bolt and swapped bolts for the function test.

bolt bevel.png

1 - 4 of 4 Posts