HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which is better at this point? MLOK? Or Keymod? I have a PTR-91 GI R with the paddle mag latch and all.

I like classic style and modern practical. I want to have an ability to mount a bipod, light, laser, and a grip if I want on a rifle that I will use. I eventually plan on the retractable stock, & a 3x ACOG RMR combo. The recoil on these are mild and only vaginas can't handle the recoil and your cheek weld will make you cry.

I don't want to pay the retarded price for the B&T handguards when the MLOK and keymod is probably just as good.

Are the HK Parts made MLOK's the same make, or just as good in quality as the KE Arms PTR/HK-91 MLOK handguards?

KE Arms MLOK KE Arms - G3/HK 91 Handguard M-Lok #1-54-02-007

HK Parts
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/G3-91-PTR-Handguard-M-LOK-112p17265.htm

What's your experience? Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Honestly I've been perfectly happy with my AIM Sports MLOK handguard that only cost $80. I can't say if it would retain zero well enough for a laser, but it certainly feels solid, and it holds my grip and flashlight just fine. Looks the same too.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I run key lock just because that's what I got started with and I've got allot of k- lock accessories across all my guns. Think I've got a Dakota on my 93 and it's great. It just gets allot warmer than the stock forend so bring gloves if your shooting allot or have a sear. Matt

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Personally, I use the ptr made alluminium forearms and they work great, you can add some short rail piece,s and your good to go. The Germans and other militaries still use the B&T and the FAB defense G3 forearms. I have a b&t on one weapon , it works as intended.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up getting that bad ass retractable stock, the HK Parts M-Lok, a carry handle and some other stuff. I really am amazed at how modular the G-3 family is for a stamped sheet metal rifle. It is unbelievably awesome and I cannot believe that more guys don't buy one. I'd eventually like an HK91 or SAR Greek piece.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll revisit soon when my stuff arrives and post pics and a mini review of what I think about the HK Parts M-Lok handguards for my PTR-91 GI R.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Here is my PTR-91 GI R so far. I had to send it in because the rifle would choke every other round. It had a bad extractor, wobbly loose handguards and a poor figment of the paddle mag release aka mag latch.
PTR did fix it all and send it back within about a week. And that's from PTR Ind in South Carolina to my domain in the Wastelands of El Paso and New Mexico area.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Tag for updates.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll update as soon as I get my stuff in the mail around the 7th to the 8th. Then I'll slap that shot on my rifle, and I'll post pictures and all.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From what I was reading, the HK Parts brand of MLOK is the lightest and strong as he'll handguards that allow you to mount stuff to your rifle. The other brands don't have as many slots and angles to mount things, or are not as thin and sleek, or just look retarded.
This is the best picture I can find on the web though, and this is on an mp5 style weapon.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another option I saw was KE Arms MLOK. I don't know about them so I stuck with HK Parts. I think it is possible that the KE Arms and the HK Parts may be the exact same. I do not know

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have both, prefer keymod. IMHO more consistent, easier to use.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like keymod as well. It looks very good. I have always had issues with stuff wobbling off anything but picatinny 1913 rails so I will be amazed if this MLOK works

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Crank two mags through the rifle rapid fire and let us know how hot that forearm gets.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Carry handle is not needed, maybe on a saw249 or mg42. No carry handle please, it's a rifle carry it in ready position. Lol!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts