HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why PTR prices seem to have inflated big time recently? Last summer I was agonizing over whether to buy a Z43p or a PTR-32k, and one of the big points in PTR's favor was their pistol was listed at $999. I ended up buying the Zenith and now I'm almost kicking myself because that same PTR pistol is listed at $1299. That seems like a huge jump in 5 months. Their other models have gone up too, although not as dramatically. I'm just wondering if this is a sign the company is in trouble, or if it means they're finally sinking some capital into R&D on new calibers.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,582 Posts
1. The move from CT to SC has something to do with it.
2. They made NO firearms for 2013 or 2014.
3. Supply vs Demand.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Where are you finding them in stock?
Atlantic Firearms, has been out of stock on the PTR-32 pistols for close to year. The last update from Atlantic was that they were working with PTR on the mag release.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought a PTR91 GI today from Atlantic. Finding one without the welded-on rail mount was VERY difficult. They are in stock and on sale at Atlantic. Gunbroker has them too, but I prefer buying locally if at all possible. Gunbroker also has a few PTR 32 rifles for sale.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The GI is the only model I usually pay attention to, and it still hovers around high 8's to high 9's, but I have noticed Atlantics prices going up a couple hundred on some models.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Prices go up, it's called inflation. Just like SKS's and Mosin's aren't selling for $100 anymore either.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
They have added the paddle release to some which adds cost as well.
Paddle release, scope rail and metal lower = $500ish in formerly aftermarket add-ons and they raised their prices only a fraction of that. So not sure what the complaining from some people is al about.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
The prices I was seeing went up in the run up to the election, when they were mostly out of stock everywhere and it looked like another shortage was coming, but now with available stock I suspect we will see some more deals.

Shockwave

·
Registered
185 Posts
I actually think they are very reasonably priced for the platform they are built upon and capability offered. Not saying they need to be more expensive...but

1 - 13 of 13 Posts