HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Thanks for the link Adam :)

I have a batch of fresh receivers inbound directly from PTR and expect to have them late this week or early next. I'll post a formal WTS ad as soon as they arrive, checked-in and ready for sale.

Thank you,
Joe

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
Just curious but why are they shipping to you Joe and not Adam? Is Adam no longer carrying these receivers? I kinda liked the $200 price tag better than the $240 price tag. Feelin' me?

BTW, who's doing all your web work? If you ever need any help....look my company up: Module Media

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I believe Adam will approve of my speaking on his behalf. With his move into their new larger facility to support their increasing inventory selection and stock levels, he has made the decision not to engage in commerce with items requiring FFL transfer. This allows him to better focus on his core competency--best-in-class sales and service of H&K related parts and accessories. As such, I was presented with the opportunity to work directly with PTR Industries to supply the community with their receivers.

$239.95 has always been the standard price for these. The most recent discounted sales price of $199.95 was for a limited time while supplies lasted for that particular batch of receivers.

I appreciate the offer! The new site as it is today utilizes an open source shopping cart platform written in PHP. I spent many years as .NET web application architect/developer so the customization of this platform has been a bit of a learning curve. Not to mention my brain thinks in lines of code--the talents of graphics design somewhat escape me.

For more information regarding this transition, please also read here...
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/dakota-tactical/166496-ptr-308-receivers-inbound.html

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
I believe Adam will approve of my speaking on his behalf. With his move into their new larger facility to support their increasing inventory selection and stock levels, he has made the decision not to engage in commerce with items requiring FFL transfer. This allows him to better focus on his core competency--best-in-class sales and service of H&K related parts and accessories. As such, I was presented with the opportunity to work directly with PTR Industries to supply the community with their receivers.

$239.95 has always been the standard price for these. The most recent discounted sales price of $199.95 was for a limited time while supplies lasted for that particular batch of receivers.
Got it, thanks for the clarification.

The new site as it is today utilizes an open source shopping cart platform written in PHP.
Aren't they all! :)
Which one are you using? ZenCart? OpenCart? Magento? osCommerce?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Zen. And I have to admit, the Zen forums have their sh*t together. When someone asks a redundant question, rather than someone answering it for the 129349583204+ time, they simply post a link to an existing thread. Great way to eliminate bad information. The only downside is that I did have to search through over 300 posts in a single support thread to find an answer one time, but for the most part finding answers was pretty easy.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
I've done several ZenCart installations. If you ever need any help let me know. ZC gets a bad wrap because it's one of the original open source carts out there but it does what it needs to do and it's highly customizable. No complaints from me.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I've done several ZenCart installations. If you ever need any help let me know. ZC gets a bad wrap because it's one of the original open source carts out there but it does what it needs to do and it's highly customizable. No complaints from me.
I will! Thank you!

UPDATE: Got word from PTR that receivers have shipped. I hope to have them checked-in and up on the website sometime late next week.

Thanks,
Joe

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts