HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are offering for a limited time the PTR A3S Package . PTR 91 A3S .308 Rifle Atlantic Firearms Exclusive Model
A3s Package Includes 6 magazines and extra Wide Style hand guard like on our A3R model rifle.

Atlantic Firearms has teamed up with PTR to deliver a new model rifle to the shooting public. The PTR 91 A3S features the Slim black handguard. Other features of the new PTR are: Welded top rail to assist in mounting your favorite optics and 18" barrel with removable flash hider, These barrels are built to work better with the wide variety of .308 ammo on the market today and be accurate . Beautiful black powder coat finish. Comes with (6)- 20 round magazine ( Magazines Military Surplus rated Very good or better) , padded hard case, and Extra Hand guard

PTR offers a 3 year warranty from original date of purchase on all products manufactured. All PTR products also have a lifetime or 25,000rd warranty on the internal parts that PTR produces which can include the trunnion, bolt head, bolt carrier, hammer, trigger, and sear.

Atlantic Firearms is the exclusive distributor of the new PTR A3S

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Blaine, looking at these ads it states the wide handguards are US Made. Will AA be selling these US made wide handguards separately later on?

·
Registered
95 Posts
My assumption is they are clearing out all the A3S models with the package as incentive because the A3R (wide handguard) is more popular... At least thats the only reason I ordered that package :) I was in the market for an A3R. What Atlantic NEEDS to do is sell the bipods that fit the wide handguards!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just picked up my A3S package from my FFL tonight, thanks Atlantic! Figured I'd post a mini summary

The package came in a Plano Gun Guard plastic case, the PTR, 6 magazines, and wide forearm were all inside the case, I assume Atlantic did this to save shipping costs? I probably would have paid a little extra to not have everything packed in with the rifle, the case just isn't made to hold that much stuff and add shipping and handling to the equation you are asking for issues. I got 3 magazines with a '67 date code that appear unused, I have 2 mags that show use but no damage and I have 1 mag that I fear may be DOA, it looks as if a hammer smashed the back side of it. The slim forearm I THINK is old surplus? it used to be OD Green and has been poorly painted, but the wide forearm is great except my bipod channel is bent :( All in all I'm very happy with the purchase and can't wait to get to the range! Thank you Atlantic Firearms!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Figured I'd post a little update
Took the PTR out to start the break in process and test the dented magazine. Put 40 rounds through the rifle one at a time cleaning in between as per the instructions. For the second magazine I tried the dented mag and it is definitely NOT GOOD... maybe Atlantic will send me a good one? The bad mag ruined 2 rounds and failed to feed, it jammed the bullets into the cases

Other than the bad mag I'm very happy with the package :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts