HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PTR, I'd say its an older one and it came with a crummy cloned stock with plastic butt pad...

I have an MFI scope mount atop, and recently had an aimpoint with a choat sidefolder with a modified cheek riser made from an ar magpul ctr stock but im getting rid of that stock as I don't care for it much. I'm also putting my Leupold MRT on top with the Larue SPR mount.

I guess what I'd love to have is an MSG90 stock but I wouldn't pay that much for one even if money wasn't an issue. So I'm looking to get a better standard buttstock with rubber buttpad and I'm looking for a place to get a rubber cheek riser to fasten to the top of said stock but cant seem to find one. Any help?

The magpul prs is a great stock, I have one on my Larue OBR, but I dont want one on my G3.

It seems all my woes, msg90 stock, risers, and other issues would be solved if I was into airsoft.

Thanks for any assistance guys.

Josh

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a relatively new PTR stock, this one:

US G3 stock, US HK91 stock - HKPARTS.NET

The buttpad is rubber and is attached in the standard manner.
Are you looking to get rid of the whole setup, backing plate and all or just the stock with pad? as I only need the latter.
I may be interested, if I have no luck in the future I may call on you. Thanks for replying!

I'm going to keep looking for an msg90 stock, maybe even settle for a sg1. If I was to come across a used one of those for a reasonable price I might bite. I'm not looking for pretty. If that doesn't pull through a regular stock and a few hours in the shop may yield me a decent adjustable cheek setup.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the link, that cheek piece may be in my cards if the interim solution doesn't pan out.
That's a hell of a rifle you have..

·
Registered
4 Posts
PTR's Scorpion Arms site has an M-4 retractable stock adapter.
It's easy to swap out, & fits into the existing back plate.
The down side is that the adapter specs are noted for mil-spec stocks... but, I found that commercial stocks fit better.
I'd recommend finding a store that'll let you examine the fit before you buy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PTR's Scorpion Arms site has an M-4 retractable stock adapter.
It's easy to swap out, & fits into the existing back plate.
The down side is that the adapter specs are noted for mil-spec stocks... but, I found that commercial stocks fit better.
I'd recommend finding a store that'll let you examine the fit before you buy.
Thanks for the idea but I'm not interested in an M4 stock on my HK, I have one on one of my AK's, one on my own m4, and one on both of my duty rifles. I'm tired of M4 stuff if you get where I'm going. I'd like to keep it as HK as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts