HKPRO Forums banner

PTR32 question

8498 Views 21 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  U.S. Praetorian
what kind of accuracy are you guys getting from the PTR32?

...and with what ammo?

any of you use golden tiger?

...and give range/distance,position and if using a bipod.

this is x39.

i need honest,realistic answer,thanks.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
I just got a PTR 32. I have had it to the range once. I only put 20 rounds of Tula through it. I was shooting at a 50 yard target. The rifle seems fairly accurate. I had no ftfs or ftes. I measured the bolt gap before I went out. It was 013. I just added a 4x scope to it that I will sight in on Sunday. I have some handloads and some yugo that I will try out Sunday. I wish there were a larger selection of bullets available for 7.62x39.

I'm hoping the rifle does 1-1/12 MOA.

Someone that has theirs longer may be able to give you a better idea on accuracy.

· Registered
58 Posts
I had the 32 out to the range today. This is the just the second time out. First time out fired 20 rounds Tula with no problems. I did not clean the rifle after. Today I started with a Mag of Yugo, first three rounds fine. Then choke city. Every round stove pipes and failure to extract which caused double feeds. I didn't get through the whole mag. 2nd mag handloads (27 gr Rel 7 with 125 gr SPs) same result stove pipes and failure to extract. Called it a day!
I cleaned the rifle after I got home, very dirty more patches then I have ever used to clean the bore. Bolt and carrier also very dirty. I cleaned it and lubed it well. Will try handloads again next trip. I also have another recipe for next batch of handloads. I will not use the Yugo again.

I will report after next range trip.

· Registered
58 Posts
Yes I used water with dish soap to clean the 32. It wasn't hot though. I have a spray bottle that I used to sprayed the bolt, carrier and the barrel. I hope it was enough. The PTR 32 does have less recoil (faster follow up etc) and I have a 308 AR that I really like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.