HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,406 Posts
I had the 32 out to the range today. This is the just the second time out. First time out fired 20 rounds Tula with no problems. I did not clean the rifle after. Today I started with a Mag of Yugo, first three rounds fine. Then choke city. Every round stove pipes and failure to extract which caused double feeds. I didn't get through the whole mag. 2nd mag handloads (27 gr Rel 7 with 125 gr SPs) same result stove pipes and failure to extract. Called it a day!
I cleaned the rifle after I got home, very dirty more patches then I have ever used to clean the bore. Bolt and carrier also very dirty. I cleaned it and lubed it well. Will try handloads again next trip. I also have another recipe for next batch of handloads. I will not use the Yugo again.

I will report after next range trip.
Next time you shoot corrosive try the initial hot water and hand dish detergent cleaning method, it works wonders. I bring a thermos full of it to the range along with a can of spray penetrant like WD40 to follow up till I get home

· Registered
3,406 Posts
well,it certainly seems more ammo finicky than most AKs,although on average it seems to reduce group size by about 2/3. the question is,what's better,good practical accuracy and excellent reliability with just about any type ammo or,excellent accuracy but being selective with ammo used and possibly not being able to shoot what you'd prefer to stock up on,not to mention there are certain types of AK based guns that also give greater accuracy than your average AK but still extremely reliable with almost any ammo.

i'm still wondering how the PTR32 would do with lacquered russian ammo,which golden tiger is. i'm thinking the precise/tight chamber may give problems. perhaps i need to reevaluate what direction to go. i don't want a safe-queen or something that tells me what it needs to feed instead of feeding it what i want. maybe PTR should consider a GI version 32.
This is my reasoning not to buy a 32. I have 91 type and am getting ready for a 93 build but I am sticking with my AKs for the x 39 caliber

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.